Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Latest noteworthy cooks

Options
Haven't posted in a while but have a few good pics from a few recent cooks I wanted to share. Trying to get to the 250 mark so I can participate in the rub exchange too. Pictures are already being stupid, so I'll get those in as I can. But first is a ny strip with mashed taters and a lobster tail. Best steak I've had off the egg thus far.  We've done lobster tails and crab legs several times and they've been awesome every time. Then is an Egrets ham. I'm typically not a ham fan but I thought it was really good. My wife loves ham and she said it's the best she's had. Next up is pepper stout beef. All I can say is AMAZING!!! pretty spicy, but I think we had a hit batch of jalapeños to blame. I read later that some people omit the jalapeños, use less, or core them first. Maybe I'll try that next time since wife and mother in law aren't as keen on the spice... BUT, we got some whole wheat kaiser rolls, Swiss cheese, spinach and mashed avocado/guacamole (depending on your definition) and it really toned it down. We couldn't get enough. Then I tried some homemade ground sirloin burgers.  They were huge. Haha. I'll probably stick with ground chick from here on out on account of the better flavor, though the sirloin is slightly healthier. Then I made a brisket for Memorial Day and finished it out during a tornado warning, during which the building across from ours in our complex was struck by lightening. Yikes! Tonight I did three Cornish game hens rubbed with bad byrons. I was thinking they were a waste since they're so small. But they were absolutely delicious and I'll probably do them plenty more times. Everyone gets their own individual chicken. Lots of skin (the best part of a whole chicken). 
LBGE | Conroe, TX

Comments