Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The big move...

Options
So the time has come for me to move back to Germany after a 4 year period working here in Indiana.
I really enjoyed my time here and the US grew on me a lot. Met a lot of cool and interesting people and get to know the culture and American way.
I also was able to score a LBGE for a fraction of the cost in Germany and will be very happy to use it overseas if the moving company manages to ship the egg safely. I kept the original packaging and all should be good but you never know.
My fingers are crossed that when I open the container the egg will be in one piece.
I'm also hoping that I still have the lifetime warranty even though I will be in Germany but time will tell.

Have a good day all!

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    We will miss ya!!! Hopefully you can bring some American BBQ back home and be the hero of your neighborhood. I know the friends I have that go to Germany and bring me beer sure are my heroes!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good time over here.  I wish to visit your home country at some point while still breathing.  I know where all your friends and family will be hanging out once your back home.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Good luck and keep posting here!
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Glad to have had you around.  Hopefully the egg will arrive back in Germany safely and you can show your neighbors how good real American BBQ is.  Keep us posted on the move!!  

Best wishes to you!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You'll be back. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Hope you and your egg travel safely. Germany is a great country - and as such the magnificence of the food that comes off your egg will undoubtedly be appreciated. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Safe travels to all.  Glad you enjoyed your stay-always welcome to return.   I'm sure you and your father will become quite close over the BGE eggsperience.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Safe travels. Buy a mini max before you leave. You won't regret it. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    DoubleEgger is right - have you looked into bring and "extra" egg home with you?

Have they got the internet in Germany yet?  Let us know how the trip went and if the egg made it ok.

Phoenix 
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I always thought it would be nice to live in a foreign country for a couple years.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA