Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need A Little Help With Start Time

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
So I have a 14.9 # Gold SRF brisky that needs to be served at 3 PM tomorrow. I am looking for a little help as to when to put it on the Egg, will be cooked at 250 F. This is my first time cooking Wagyu and I want to impress my guests, and not screw up this awesome hunk of cow. I have never used the turbo method to cook a brisket so I don't want to experiment with this one. 

Any and all help is appreciated.  

Thanks all, and please take a moment tomorrow to think about the meaning of Memorial Day. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I've read here that a Wagyu may cook a little faster than most. I would probably put it on a stabilized egg at 10 or 11 PM and check it again at 6 AM.  At that point, if you need to bump up the temp a little, you can. It will probably be done before noon which is fine. Will give some time for FTC. I've found this schedule maximizes my sleep and brisket quality 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX