Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner from Sunday

aukerns08
aukerns08 Posts: 253
I meant to post this the other day but I had a phone malfunction and just was able to get the pictures back.  I took a center cut beef tenderloin and portioned it out to 1.5 inch fillets.  The fillets I seared at 600 degrees just seasoned with a little salt and pepper.  Potatoes were done in a foil pouch on the egg with some EVOO, salt and pepper, and smashed with milk and butter.  Grilled corn on the cob again with EVOO, salt and pepper.  The mushrooms I did in a pan with EVOO and then did a red wine reduction in the same pan.  It turned out very good, my wife loved it, even the mushrooms and she usually refuses to eat mushrooms.  My only criticism of the cook would be the red wine reduction, it was a little too thin, I didn't get it started as soon as I wanted and didn't let it reduce down enough.  It still had great flavor but could've been better.  I'll be doing it again for sure.
Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA

Comments