Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Demo Eggs available at So Cal Eggfest 2015

Good morning everyone.  We have a few demo eggs left and also have a couple spots available for cooks.  We allow overnight cooks if necessary and you can bring your RV to stay overnight if needed.  We have a pretty good tailgate party the night prior.  The event is scheduled for June 13th.  We brought in the beautiful Linkie Marais for demos and classes.

Additionally, if anyone has or knows a business owner that may be interested in sponsoring the event, there is availablitlity there also.  Vendors are always welcome as well, specifically geared towards BBQ and the EGG.

Tickets are available for the event as well.  Please visit the website for more information.

www.socaleggfest.com

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited May 2015
    Got my tixs  - see ya there! 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Shad and family from Outdoor Kitchen Creations do a great job of hosting this event each year.  If you are in the Southern California area, stop by and check it out!
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Steve753
    Steve753 Posts: 140
    Where in Southern California?
    Large Big Green Egg
    Weber Gold
    Old Smokey

San Diego, Ca
  • It is held in Upland, CA.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    I bought my XL from Shad several years ago now and it's been great! Very helpful folks, and a really fun event. Strongly recommend anyone that's in driving distance go check it out!

Cheers all -
    B_B

P.S. - The XL I brought home won first prize at the event, so I've always felt like it had good mojo!!!

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    edited May 2015
    +++ on Shad and OKC. Greatly enjoyed the Eggfest last year and will be there again this year. I picked up my Medium last year - thinking about a MM this year. It will fit in the airplane better. Who else is going???

Santa Paula, CA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    @tksmoke  ... I, along with my family will be there. First time for us. We are excited to spend the day with 'like-minded' fellow eggers.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Great - look forward to meeting you!  Bring your appetite...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Thanks Badger.  I appreciate the kind words.  We still have a few XL and Large demo eggs available for sale too.  We are also hoping to land a few more cooks for the event.  We had a few people bail out over the weekend, Soooo, CALLING ALL COOKS!  Cactus Doug is still a possibility, although I cant get in touch with him. And I am trying to get in touch with RMS Dale, a seasoned veteran at the event. 

Please call me anytime if you are interested in cooking.
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    This will be my first time cooking at the event.  Looking forward to it! 

Shad, this is John.  I may have one more cook for you.  I hope to hear tonight.  I'll call you when I know for sure.
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • That would be awesome!!!!!  I will be back in tomorrow.