Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork & Beans

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
edited May 2015 in EggHead Forum
You've all seen my chop pics before, but thought I'd share a few more. For those of you that don't take pics of your food, try it. It's amazing how much better food taste while patiently waiting to eat. Similar to a dog watching a steak. The longer the dog waits, the bigger the puddle of drool. 

Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks excellent brother stem. Great job.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    Options
    SGH said:
    Looks excellent brother stem. Great job.  
    Thanks. I know know how much you're a fan of lean cuts, Lol, but these have become my go to for lean meat. I'm not sure if it's that they are really easy for me to egg or the great taste for being a lean cut. Maybe it's just chicken breast have been played out. BTW, I can screw up a boneless chicken breast in a heart beat. I don't know, but I like em. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Stemc33, what a great cook!  Healthy BBQ proven. Looks to be very Tasty!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sitting here in the Jackson Lake Lodge in the Grand Titons and I am not getting meals anything like that. Headed to Yellowstone Wednesday. Once more thank you so much for your help my friend. Hay it's chilly up here. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Options
    Wow.  Mickey is in the area.  If you head home through the panhandle of Nebraska, as soon as you cross the WY/NE border, you should lookup the nearest BGE dealer.  That is where I work.  Paul Reed Construction in Gering.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• stemc33
    Options
    @Mickey, are you saying you didn't take the mini or mm? Lol.  I hope the sky's have been blue on that side of the state so you can enjoy the breath taking views. The last few days on this side of the state have been an untypical cloudy with rain. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Options
    Stem, did you plate that special for Mickey?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    The pork and beans look amazing 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @Mickey, are you saying you didn't take the mini or mm? Lol.  I hope the sky's have been blue on that side of the state so you can enjoy the breath taking views. The last few days on this side of the state have been an untypical cloudy with rain. 
    That pic is the best. 47 degrees and rain most of the day and same for rest of week. 
    Sure we will get same in Yellowstone but Jasper and Lake Louise showing sun and 70's. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Damn fine cook @stemc33  Did you put those chops on top of chili just for @Mickey ?
  • stemc33
    Options
    Thanks guys. 

@erniemcclain, that's a good one. Haha. Hardly ever used them til I got the egg. It's fun trying to plate stuff up. It was always paper plates for the most part. The Mickey plates are like fine china in our house. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    That looks so good..Love pork and beans..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • stemc33
    Options
    Mickey said:
    stemc33 said:
    That pic is the best. 47 degrees and rain most of the day and same for rest of week. 
    Sure we will get same in Yellowstone but Jasper and Lake Louise showing sun and 70's. 
    Hopefully it'll clear up for a short time to get the full effect of being in Grand Teton NP. Plenty to see in YNP on a rainy/cloudy day. Hopefully you'll get to see lots of animals. The colorful hot springs are pretty cool.  A 16y.o. girl just got gored by a bison a few days ago. Happens every year. Let the idiots get close while you stay safe. 

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Stemm, that's a fine looking meal  

@mickey I'm way jelly. Have fun and safe travels.