Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how to turbo

Options
Zmokin
Zmokin Posts: 1,938
edited May 2015 in EggHead Forum
I picked up some Pork Sirloin Tip for cheap (99 cents lb).

2 almost cube shaped hunks of partially frozen pork, total weight 5 lbs, I haven't opened the package yet, but if I was to guess, the split is 2.7 & 2.3 lbs, not quite 50/50 but close.

I'm currently smoking a Pastrami at 225, but as it is moving fast in temp, I'm thinking in a 30 minutes to an hour, I'll be pulling the Pastrami for pressure cooker finish, and I have enough time to add more charcoal and smoke wood to turbo the pork.  I'm thinking of no seasonings except smoke on the pork, any rough estimates on how long a sub 3 lb hunk o'pork will take to cook at 350?

I'm just thinking of maximizing my smoking productivity for the evening.
Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
 and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I assume you're going for 160 IT?  Shouldn't take long. A whole loin will go less than 2 hrs. Really depends on thickness. 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I assume you're going for 160 IT?  Shouldn't take long. A whole loin will go less than 2 hrs. Really depends on thickness. 
    Thanks, Pastrami is now in the pressure cooker, I added hickory and mesquite and lump, cranked the Digi-q up to 350 and the pork is now on starting at an internal of 29F.  I'll be snacking on hot pastrami in 45 minutes and with any amount of luck, some pork sirloin in 2 hours.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.