Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rutland

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
has anyone ever used the Rutland black fiberglass stove gasket cement to attach the rutland gasket to their egg ? says it withstands 2000 degree's 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I no longer recommend it. I have been selling Rutlands cut to length for each size egg needed now for 13 years. Today # 1,744 shipped out alone with instructions on how to do it properly using Permatex Ultra Copper. But...hey what do I know? LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bigphil
    Options
    @RRP more than likely i got the gasket from you awhile ago lol any reason you don't recommend it ?

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    bigphil said:
    @RRP more than likely i got the gasket from you awhile ago lol any reason you don't recommend it ?

Yes, it is a latex product and actually if applied properly it CAN last thru high tempatures. Problem was most people would not apply it properly! It would even dry out before the gasket would be set in. Then there was also the issue of shelf life of their  adhesive. I must have eaten 3 or 4 dozen of hard tubes in those blister packages sold cheaply at chain stores. I can't find a coughing and choking emotion for all that crappy adhesive I ate, but trust me I know what I'm talking about!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bigphil
    Options
    Thanks for your reply @RRP i'll get the ultra copper