Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alternative to bbq sauce.

Options
My wife does not care for ribs. However the first ribs I made on the egg she really liked. But, she didn't care for the bbq sauce I brushed on them. 
What else can I brush on the ribs as an alternative for her?  

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Dry rub only. I always leave at least one rack without sauce. Don't baste it at all.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Me and the wife prefer to eat the ribs dry with just the rib rub we use. I'm not much of a sauce guy either. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    mjk412 said:
    What else can I brush on the ribs as an alternative for her?  
    You could use some type of glaze or finishing sauce. There are literally thousands of recipes on the Internet and most cook books related to Q. A finishing sauce can be anything that you enjoy so if she has a particular taste aim for that. Finishing sauces can be just about anything that you like the taste of. From simple one ingriedant sauces to very complex concoctions. The sky is the limit. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mjk412
    mjk412 Posts: 113
    Options
    She likes lemon actually. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    @mjk412 - you might want to scroll back to see the answers you received this morning when you posted this same question.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    There are so many sauces out there.  For example, bbq sauce in North Carolina is completely different than bbq sauce in Kansas City.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Tried a lemon brown sugar sauce off the net, SWMBO said it was too lemony - maybe it is just what your better half likes. Had molasses, brown sugar, tomato sauce or ketchup and bunch of fresh lemon juice, didn't keep the recipe but I'm sure there is one out there you might like. 

Another favourite of ours is apple butter sauce. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Maybe an Asian style sauce, like Teriyaki, or sweet & spicy chili sauce, or orange marmalade glaze.

or as others have said, just your dry rub.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• mjk412
    mjk412 Posts: 113
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Maybe an Asian style sauce, like Teriyaki, or sweet & spicy chili sauce, or orange marmalade glaze.

or as others have said, just your dry rub.
    I think teriyaki would be good. I'll try that. Thanks!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I never sauce ribs. It's on the table if wanted. Just dry rub (the one on the left Bad Byrons Buyt Rub). 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    S&P with very little brown sugar is good. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.