Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - John Fogerty

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
Saw John Fogerty at Gwinett Arena tonight. One of the best concerts we have ever attended, and we have been to a lot. It was a great, high energy show, about 2.5 hours long. Very good musicians backing Fogerty. It was unnecessarily loud though, or maybe I'm unnecessiarly old one. 

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Great to hear, I've always liked him.  I saw him do a short set too many years ago at a tribute concert for Bill Graham when he died - maybe 1991 or so in Golden Gate park.  It was the first time Fogerty played some CCR since he left.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    No idea who that is,  lol
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Wow. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Gwinnett is always really loud. I think my ears are still ringing from a Skynryd show 7 years ago. 
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Put me in coach...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    He was just in Raleigh and I missed it!  
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Gwinnett arena is a great venue. Jealous, I like Fogerty. We saw Michael Bubble' there recently 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    Yes, Gwinnett Arena is a great venue and best of all easy to get to and then get out of after the show.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Damn I am ancient - but a good ancient. Bought tickets to see John Mayall and the Vanilla Fudge at the old Fillmore East, CCR was a fill in band that stole the show. Been a fan ever since. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • s_claus
    s_claus Posts: 74
    Options
    Couldn't make the Fogerty concert. But we have tickets to Jimmy Buffet at Gwinnett arena next month. Looking forward to this one.

HO HO HO
    LBGE in Lawrenceville, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Same here. Caught him last Wednesday in Charlotte. The man and his band bring it. Lodi and Ramble Tamble (2 of my fav's were played. Rock on!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    Same here. Caught him last Wednesday in Charlotte. The man and his band bring it. Lodi and Ramble Tamble (2 of my fav's were played. Rock on!
    It was a spot on show from beginning to end. Our favorites were the dueling guitar solos with Fogerty and his son and the solos from band members. Hard to beat Centerfield and Old Man Down the Road to go along with all the CCR classics too.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Saw John Fogerty at Gwinett Arena tonight. One of the best concerts we have ever attended, and we have been to a lot. It was a great, high energy show, about 2.5 hours long. Very good musicians backing Fogerty. It was unnecessarily loud though, or maybe I'm unnecessiarly old one. 
    Fogerty is great, and while I have never been stuck there, I've been to Lodi more times than I can count.  Heck I was there for an Easter picnic last month.

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Fogerty is great, and while I have never been stuck there, I've been to Lodi more times than I can count.  Heck I was there for an Easter picnic last month.

Again