Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ahKOOO! Even my eggs sneezed & blew their thermometers!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,893
Don't know about the rest of you, but even though I don't have allergies this pollen season is getting OLD!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    All 4 of us in my house have them. We rode the golf cart this afternoon, and I sneezed 10 or more times. 

I will be glad when all of the pollen is gone! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Wow that a lot of pollen
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    Don't know about the rest of you, but even though I don't have allergies this pollen season is getting OLD!!!

Sorry - I tried to attach a picture of my GOLDEN green eggs, but it looks like PhotoBucket has decided to puke again tonight!
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I see them.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Here in the NW corner of the state, allergy season coincides with almost summer, summer and still summer. Our only off season is Christmas.  Kids are on Claritin and Allegra year round. I used to take Claritin daily, but it was affecting other areas of life, so I suffer thru. 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    No pollen here yet. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Where are at @RRP I moved to Wake Forest, NC and for about 2 weeks the entire area was covered in a thick yellow pollen like I've never seen before!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    We get that much pollen in a half day here in Georgia. I saw a pollen tornado rolling through our office parking lot 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Check out April 9 from here in Atlanta. Pollen count over 6k.....  Agonizing!!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• RRP
    Options
    OK OK guys! I'll cry UNCLE!!! ahKOOOO
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Our cars turn green for a while in Spring here.  

Here is a shot of the pollen in the parking lot pooling.  

I usually have to pick up Claritn or Allegra for the Spring and Summer here.  I am using some Flonase now and that does pretty good.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Here in the NW corner of the state, allergy season coincides with almost summer, summer and still summer. Our only off season is Christmas.  Kids are on Claritin and Allegra year round. I used to take Claritin daily, but it was affecting other areas of life, so I suffer thru. 
    Ever try sinus irrigation?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Check out April 9 from here in Atlanta. Pollen count over 6k.....  Agonizing!!!!!
    Remember a couple years ago when the pollen count was just shy of 10,000?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    we just have the maples and birches going right now, when it happens with the pines the lake will look like peasoup =) no allegies here but it messes with the sonor on the boat =) its already being blamed on climate change =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Nyltiger
    Nyltiger Posts: 16
    Options
    Just landed back into ATL and the first thing I did was sneeze.  
    Johns Creek, GA Large BGE Weber Kettle Weber Genesis
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I hate the pollen in GA as much as the next guy. But I will say that I love living in a area with lots of trees around me more than I hate the pollen. Necessary evil I guess. But...this is exactly why I say spring is over-rated and fall is the best time of year in GA. Pushing 90 degrees this weekend in the ATL...woohooo
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Holy Crap! @DoubleEgger, @DaveRichardson- is that using the ISI standard grains/cubic metre? 
    We get over 100 here and those with allergies are clawing their eyes out - cannot imagine what 10,000 might be like. :o
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    @SkiddymarkerYes sir. www.atlantaallergy.com 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @SkiddymarkerYes sir. www.atlantaallergy.com 
    Damn...sounds like an organic version of Beijing China. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    You have to use your windshield wipers to get the pollen off after an hour or so. 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    It's pure organic terrorism!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• ksmyrl
    Options
    You have to use your windshield wipers to get the pollen off after an hour or so. 
    What he said...you can't sit down outside without first cleaning the chair, or you will have a nice yellowish stain on your bum.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    And you have to constantly wash down your deck, patios, driveways, etc so you don't track pollen into the house. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    OK - given the above few comments I assume the rest of the year makes it worthwhile living there....I know folks often say the same thing about our winters... =)
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    And it gets all over the house anyway.

OK - given the above few comments I assume the rest of the year makes it worthwhile living there....I know folks often say the same thing about our winters... =)

@skiddymarker, the good news is "pollen season" is only a few weeks in GA maybe a tad over a month. Your winters...a bit longer =) and yes, the rest of the year is so worth it.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Now let's not go overboard @ksmyrl. 96 degrees with 80% humidity isn't any fun either!
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    Maybe not, but relatively speaking I bet it's better that British Columbia winters, no?

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Kevin, I'm on your side here. I love all four seasons here in NGA. 

almost summer
    summer
    still summer and
    christmas

can't beat it  =)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I love most of our four seasons here in New Orleans.

F*cking hot
    F*cking awesome
    F*cking cold (for people that live here)
    F*cking awesome
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Maybe not, but relatively speaking I bet it's better that British Columbia winters, no?
    Depends where you are in BC. This winter we had no snow to speak of, SWMBO had one Geranium she nursed thru the winter, it was outside undercover. Last weekend there was snow on the Coquihalla highway, about 200 miles east of us, mind you the pass is about 4100 feet high.
    Generally our weather is much like Seattle with its monsoon rain, pollen just gets washed away and looking like a prune is very fashionable.  

We only have two seasons:
    Rain
    Construction.