Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Braised Pork

Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
Just saw this on Serious Eats this afternoon. I have GOT to try this on the egg! Something different from my usual pork butt. Looks like I'll have to use the large instead of the mini for a change. Grilling the corn would be a nice addition for the slaw too.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/05/how-to-make-chorizo-elote-pulled-pork-sandwiches.html

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Looks good, although I'd ixnay the bun and go with a tortilla.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Focker said:
    Looks good, although I'd ixnay the bun and go with a tortilla.  
    Even better!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2015
    Bookmarked, looks like a fun multi-step DO cook similar to Pepper Stout Beef on the egg.  May have to up the lager to 3 bottles for lidless braising?  Thanks for sharing.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."