Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE merchant scam alert (Outdoors Three65)

Just a warning here.  Outdoors Three65 in Keller Texas claims to sell a lot of BGE accessories.  I ordered a grill extender for $37 there and never received it.  The owner, Ted Bilsky gave me the run around after a few calls, but will now not answer my calls nor return my emails.  I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company to get a refund. 

Their website is http://www.outdoorsthree65.com/
And phone number is (817) 966-4644

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Maybe not a bad thing as the grid extender is pointless. Hell I will ship you mine if I can find it. Sucks they shafted you. Where did you buy your egg? Can you buy from them? Check out www.ceramicgrillstore.com
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I helped run a group buy with them and it was seamless for the most part. I did not deal with Ted but the other co-owner, Jeff.
  • Doglips
    Doglips Posts: 15
    edited May 2015
    Chubbs said:
    Maybe not a bad thing as the grid extender is pointless. Hell I will ship you mine if I can find it. Sucks they shafted you. Where did you buy your egg? Can you buy from them? Check out www.ceramicgrillstore.com

The merchant I bought my egg from is very good, but the the official BGE extender is awful.  The dangling legs get hung up in the foiled meat below and it doesn't go up high enough to clear a brisket.  The one sold by Outdoor Three65 appeared to be a decent option but I will probably have to go with the Woo from ceramicgrillstore.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Grid extender is POS......he did you a favor.  LOL
  • Doglips

Perhaps so.  But it would have been nice of him to refund my money without having to contact my credit card company.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Why do you think it's a POS? I've had mine since the group buy and it's been fine, works as designed...
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    You discovered the grid extender is a POS AND you got your money back.  Sounds like a Win-Win to me!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Please elucidate. Are you even talking about the same thing as the OP?
  • Doglips
    You discovered the grid extender is a POS AND you got your money back.  Sounds like a Win-Win to me!
    Well this is true.  However, there are a lot of other BGE accessories being sold on that website.  The post was just a warning that anyone ordering from them will not receive their merchandise (from my experience)
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    hapster said:
    Why do you think it's a POS? I've had mine since the group buy and it's been fine, works as designed...
    I'm in this camp as well; I have no complaints about it at all.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Acn said:
    hapster said:
    I'm in this camp as well; I have no complaints about it at all.
    I still think that group buy was kick arse!  I have two with no complaints and $20 just can't be beat for what it does
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I think you guys are talking apples and oranges. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2015

I experienced the same difficulty with that company.  I found Ted Blinsky to be unresponsive, unprofessional, and borderline rude. 

BTW, the telephone number on their site is Blinsky's cell number.  When I called him the second or third time (in a couple of weeks), he had the audacity to mention that I was interrupting his lunch.

Fortunately, @Eggcelsior gave me contact information for the owner.  The owner answered my email within 5 minutes (on a Saturday night, no less), apologized, and then promised express delivery of the extender I'd ordered.

Sure enough, I received the extender that Tuesday along with a free pair of "Fireballs", which I use frequently, and a free platesetter lifter, which I've never used.  The owner, "Jeff" was true to his word.

I politely suggested to the owner that the Blinsky guy's lack of professionalism might be hurting his business.  Maybe Ted has possession of incriminating photos since he's still there a year later.  =)

Their extender works just fine for us, though I've ordered a Woo extender that will replace it.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Elucidate? Really? You just say "explain"? Smfh 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited May 2015

BTW . . . let me add that Tom of CGW could school that Blinsky joker on loyalty-building customer service.

Saturday, @Jeepster47 pointed out that I'd screwed up my order for the Woo extender.  I spoke with CGW's Tom who fixed everything for me without missing a beat and then thanked me for my business.

THAT'S how you run a company!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    I love my grid extender, I use it often.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for sharing.  Let's don't lose sight that the OP point was to avoid this retailer and not necessarily turn people away from a specific BGE accessory.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I would look at Tom's (CGS) new raised grid and sliding rack with a Woo. I asked him to build one for us so we could cook two levels of cookies back in December. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I do better with a few bricks and a grill grid I bought at Ace Hardware.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Chubbs
    OP is talking about this piece of ****. And his own assessment of spot on. Probably the worst grid on the market. Especially when you look at price. Again, I will send it to anyone who wants it if I haven't already thrown away
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Chubbs said:
    OP is talking about this piece of ****. And his own assessment of spot on. Probably the worst grid on the market. Especially when you look at price. Again, I will send it to anyone who wants it if I haven't already thrown away
    Not to hijack this thread, but is there a new little @Chubbs yet? 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I knew what 'celsior was on about, the extender is fantastic, even works on non BGE products... The BGE extender doesn't work on anything, period! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    edited May 2015
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    hapster said: 

Sorry guys, I thought he was talking about the BGE one.  When I got on the website I see it's a totally different one.  Sorry for the confusion.
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Mine works great, it is a nice cheap way to get another level.  I was no part of the group buy and had no problem with the company even ordering from Canada.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Aussie
    Aussie Posts: 75
    Hardly qualifies as a scam. Very poor business practices, yes.
    Having said that , isn't it great when you can reverse the transaction when you pay by card.

• Chubbs
    Here