Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Chicken / Pan Sauce / Roast Artichokes (pics)

NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
I wanted to make a pan sauce, so I went with the Cast Iron Spachcok Method that @nolaegghead posted awhile back.  Trying to focus on sauces to bring my food game to the next level.  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166822/roast-chicken-cast-iron-seared  

Legs finished first, so flipped breast over skin side down to get nice crisp as they came to temp (pulled breast at about 155).  The pan sauce (shallot/garlic/wine/butter/fresh-herbs/stock) was EXCELLENT over the chicken & rice.   

Artichokes were better than my final pic shows.  Pic was taken on my wifes crappy phone.  Chokes cleaned, soaked in lemon water, tossed in EVOO, S&P and then roased in oven (cooks illustrated method) then dipped in a horseradish/garlic/lemon mayo.  Nice sunday cook with lefotovers for the week. 

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments