Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Legs Quickie (No Prep)

Options

I made chicken legs today with no marinade & no fridge drying because I had no time.  No problem.  Oiled 'em up with Tsang's and rubbed them with Old Bay.  On to the egg they go raised direct at 400. 

I found some Tobasco with some schwag at the store.  A perfect compliment for my cold beer!

Here they are off the egg.  No plated pic because we screwed the asparagus side. 

Wilma has the stomach flu so she'll have to catch the left overs!  Thanks for looking!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub brother Fred. How do you like the OldBay on chicken?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    That's a bunch of legs!  Also curious as to how the old bay went with yard bird. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    SGH said:
    Great looking grub brother Fred. How do you like the OldBay on chicken?

It's our "go-to" for chicken because Wilma hates spicy.  It's not spicy as long as I'm not heavy handed with it and it packs some flavor. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

It's our "go-to" for chicken because Wilma hates spicy.  It's not spicy as long as I'm not heavy handed with it and it packs some flavor. 
    My youngest son loves it on skinless, boneless butterflied chicken breasts. He is a little different than ole dad  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Looks good. Might have to try the old bay
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice cook and best to Wilma. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice looking legs Fred!  The method you described is how I cook 90% of the time.  I have tried the Old Bay on chicken and liked it.  The list of ingredients is not all that different from a generic "poultry seasoning". 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    DP Tsunami Spin is much like Old Bay, SWMBO thinks it has less attitude - maybe Wilma might like it on chicken legs...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    DP Tsunami Spin is much like Old Bay, SWMBO thinks it has less attitude - maybe Wilma might like it on chicken legs...
    She does like it, but Wilma is a bit of a skinflint and Old Bay is cheaper.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Cheaper? Heck it is ½ the price, but if it was free and not what you wanted is it still a deal? DP rubs are a bit pricey, but they are good. I use much less than I do with Old Bay. Old Bay is a staple in our house - I’ve never figured out if it was because I like it or like Wilma my Scottish heritage comes through....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Have to give this a try!
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Old bay is awe some on steamed/boiled shrimp, but never seen it on chicken!  Will have to try that some time!

Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    We use old bay as the basis for a sweet rub for smoked chicken. Brown sugar, granulated garlic, old bay. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    We use old bay as the basis for a sweet rub for smoked chicken. Brown sugar, granulated garlic, old bay. 
    Lay it on me!
    Flint, Michigan