Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Non-Stick Bacon Griller

Options
I used this a few weeks ago when the wife and were wanting BLT's.  It worked pretty well except for when it came time to dump the the fat out.  My bucket of ash and small pieces of lump that I had clean out seemed like a good place for it since it was mostly full.  I cooked 2 ponds of bacon, one packaged bacon, the other was the good stuff from the butcher.  It took about 10 minutes at 400 degrees cooking direct to get the bacon crispy.  You couldn't get as much on this as you could in a skillet, but there was a lot less popping and splattering.  I will be using it again and trying to improve on how to use it.  Sorry I didn't get any photos of the BLT's.  I forgot and by the time I realized that I hadn't taken any photos of the sandwiches they were gone.  Next time I will take photos.  Has any one else used this?

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    Yes.  I only used it once and had an accident.  It seemed to take longer to use it than putting the bacon directly on the grill.  After I pulled it, I left it on my side shelf to put something on.  Next thing I know, it fell off and hot bacon grease flew all over the stone pavers...

i was was lucky.  Somehow, the grease went everywhere except where I was standing... (Knock on wood)

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    Yes.  I only used it once and had an accident.  It seemed to take longer to use it than putting the bacon directly on the grill.  After I pulled it, I left it on my side shelf to put something on.  Next thing I know, it fell off and hot bacon grease flew all over the stone pavers...

i was was lucky.  Somehow, the grease went everywhere except where I was standing... (Knock on wood)
    I spilled a little grease the on the first set of bacon, then I figured out how to handle it.  Luckily our new puppy wasn't standing under my legs at that moment.  I was worried if I dropped it and all the grease went in to the fire.  That may be a big fire ball.  I will try it again sometime and see if I can prefect on how to use it.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.