Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Dealer Callout

Options
Anyone have a GOOD dealer experience should jot a quick note to this thread.

I'll start

Had a dome seal problem and my dealer, SanDiegoGrill Pros came out and fixed it and showed me HOW.     My dome had a severe 'underbite' and NONE of the online helps worked.   

Great dealer and gets a rousing Thumbs Up.

Comments

• Aussie
    Aussie Posts: 75
    Options
    Sooo ......how did they fix the underbite?
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    ^ agree Joey and his guys are a great bunch of people 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Spydermunky
    Options
    Begger said:
    Anyone have a GOOD dealer experience should jot a quick note to this thread.

I'll start

Had a dome seal problem and my dealer, SanDiegoGrill Pros came out and fixed it and showed me HOW.     My dome had a severe 'underbite' and NONE of the online helps worked.   

Great dealer and gets a rousing Thumbs Up.
    Seriously, How'd they fix the underbite?  Mine has been pissing me off for weeks and I've tried everything I could find online...
    Large Green Egg

Kansas City, KS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    We had a terrific dealer in Biloxi but sadly he shutdown. Don't know what happened, he was just up and gone one day. He was a very kind and helpful person. Had a sign in the window for over six months that said: will be back at 2:00pm. Unfortunately 2:00pm never came. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    SGH said:
    We had a terrific dealer in Biloxi but sadly he shutdown. Don't know what happened, he was just up and gone one day. He was a very kind and helpful person. Had a sign in the window for over six months that said: will be back at 2:00pm. Unfortunately 2:00pm never came. 
    That was a long lunch break. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    No doubt about it!!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    SGH said:
    No doubt about it!!!!
    Must have been doing a low and slow
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    My dealer said half the eggs he puts together has an under or over bite. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Firemasters in carterville illinois. Those guys are top notch! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Blackhawk Hardware in Charlotte NC....great store and gereat people.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    Apparently, you adjust the band(s).
    You should also have a 2nd person to PULL forward while someone holds the egg BACK.  
    I'm personally NOT in love with the hinge design on the XL.   I couldn't figure it out, even after extensive NOODLING thru the problem.  It doesnt' make much sense.  

Also, there are SLOTTED bolt holes which on MINE are adjusted as far forward as it'll go.  If the slots were 1/4" longer, that'd probably be the solution.   
    I'm thinking of ORDERING the part and having a machine shop slot 'em for me than 3x coat with rustolium / epoxy paint.  

Guys from dealer hadn't heard of the 2" rule (top of top band to bottom of Bottom band) or some of the OTHER stuff which is common online.