Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My XXL meeting, MiniMax question, and geo-marketing

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,485
Flew to Sioux Falls SD the last four days to help out my Mom.  While at Ace Hardware I came face-to-face with my first XXL Egg; OMGWTFBBQ!!!  An impressive monstrosity!  Cool how the spring hinge effortlessly lifts that volkswagen-sized lid, too!  
Then I came face-to-face with my first Minimax.  Cute lil bugger, but a question:  does this thing take any kind of platesetter?  I didn't see room for one; and if not, I'll continue to be happy with my Small, where I use a platesetter a lot.
Finally, after looking thru the local Sunday paper this morning before my flight, I was first struck at how many hardware store branches were in Sioux Falls (Campbell's Supply, Menards, Lowes, Home Despot, Ace, and still quite a few independent/local places), here in utard the Lowes and HD's pretty much drove everyone else out.  But more surprisingly, MANY of these places were Egg dealers; around here it's a local chain called "South Fork Hardware" and that's it.  Glad to see it, however, and know that my original hometown is progressive in the ways of grilling/barbeque!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

Comments

• mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Use the woo with the platesetter. Works great.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Yeah, the south fork hardware is where I get my egg gear here in utah.  The one in West Valley is great, good people in there.  There are a couple of others here in slc like leisure living (where I bought my small, and I probably wont return), and casual fireplace and bbq in murray.  The casual fireplace dealer is horrible.  I have caught keith lying about prices on eggs, and jacking prices way up.  I also see him selling used eggs on ksl from time to time, seems weird for a dealer, but whatever I guess.