Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole jet netted stuffed chicken cooked raised direct.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Nothing big, just a simple chicken stuffed and netted and cooked raised direct for a change. Yall already know what I stuff them with so really no need to repeat it here. The temp at the grid the chicken sat on was 375 degrees for the duration. Used oak and just a tad of southern pecan for smoke. Hope that yall enjoy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Very nice. Now stop teasing and show us a sliced pic. Or did you swallow it whole? ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Where are you buying your netting?  Looks freaking awesome man!   For newbie's sake describe the filling. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SpartanPride
    Options
    That first pic of the fire came out cool. +1 on the sliced pic!  
  • SGH
    Options
    Where are you buying your netting?  
    Most of the time from here brother husker.
    http://www.jetnetcorp.com/

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's right. Pretty sure you told me that before. Looked it up and bookmarked. Thanks brody
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    For newbie's sake describe the filling. 
    Brother Husker you are certainly not a newbie. However you are one of my favorites on the forum. Thus, per your request, here is my chicken seafood stuffing. This is the same stuffing I used at brisket camp. Please remember that you can increase or decrease the amounts by halving, doubling etc, etc...
    Just keep the proportions the same. 

1 pound shrimp or crawfish tail meat. Or use 50/50 of each.
    1 pound fresh blue crab meat. Or store bought lump crab in a pinch. The former is preferred.
    1 cup cooked white rice.
    1 cup finely jibbled up raw bacon.
    1/2 cup of fresh raw ground sausage. Jimmy Dean sage works great also.
    1/4 cup green onion. Stems and all.

Run the above through your meat grider together to mix and coarsely grind. Just make one pass through a #1 plate. Do not grind anymore than this. You want chunks of shrimp and crab to be visible. After its ground and mixed, salt and pepper to taste. To give it a little kick and a little something extra, I hit it pretty heavy with a dose of cayenne. Use the cayenne at your discretion my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That sounds awesome!  Thanks for sharing @SGH!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Man I wish I had the time on my hands to create and do the cooks you do. Slave to my own buisness:-( 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Man I wish I had the time on my hands to create and do the cooks you do. Slave to my own buisness:-( 
    I feel your pain brother. I just went through a 4 month stretch with only Christmas Day off. Almost 0 cooks in that time period. The only upshot is, when I'm off, I'm off. I try to make up for it then. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Looks great as usual! Which cooker is that?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Thats stuffing does sound delicious and can't imagine how good it tastes.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Looks like it was really good!!! 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Impressive.  Nicely done.  I bet that stuffing is terrific!
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Is this an egg forum?

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    henapple said:
    Is this an egg forum?

No, it is not Uncle Apple  ;)

Jeremiah said:
    Looks great as usual! Which cooker is that?
    That is Unit #6 my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Ok. What kind/ make of smoker is that?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Fantastic!  I know I've seen that stuffing before, but damn  
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Wow...looks good!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    Incredible I have to try that soon after a crawfish boil 
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • SGH
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Ok. What kind/ make of smoker is that?
    It a 30x84 reverse flow offset with a built in direct flow/direct fired vertical. The vertical can be fired direct by a fire pan or direct flow from the firebox below. Nothing special really, but it does pretty good.

Status- Standing by.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Looks fantastic..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I love that smoker. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I love that smoker. 
    Thanks brother. I'm pretty partial to it myself now that I have got use to it. It does a real good job with little fuss or hassle. If I had a complaint it would be the amount of fuel that it uses. However given its size, it's just part of it. Again, thanks.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Very nice. Now stop teasing and show us a sliced pic. Or did you swallow it whole? ;)
    Here you go. 

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Very nice Scotty. It's hard to believe all those ingredients fit in a chicken. You must have to stuff the $#!+ out of it. What's up with cooking one chicken in Unit 6 @SGH?  
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@SGH Scottie that looks great. I must say that at brisket camp, your stuffed chicken is the best I have ever tasted. Well done sir.

Next a stuffed tenderloin maybe?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hotch said:

Next a stuffed tenderloin maybe?

I may make a couple of them this weekend if the weather clears up. And thanks for the kind words.

stemc33 said:
    What's up with cooking one chicken in Unit 6 @SGH?  
    The rain has been relentless here for a week and a half. I used unit #6 instead of the egg just to keep moisture from building up inside of it. 

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @SGH Scottie would I need to use the jet net device when installing the jet net on the chicken or tenderloins?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I am Pavlov's dog! 
    New Albany, Ohio