Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Remote check thermometers

Options
Fellow Eggers,
  Is there a better alternative to the Maverick remote check thermometers. The last two models that I have purchased have been rather disappointing in performance and reliability. I would be willing to pay more for a unit that was built better and more reliable.
       Thanks,
         Mike

Comments

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Remedy58 said:
    Fellow Eggers,
      Is there a better alternative to the Maverick remote check thermometers. The last two models that I have purchased have been rather disappointing in performance and reliability. I would be willing to pay more for a unit that was built better and more reliable.
           Thanks,
             Mike
    Same here, but sadly, at least when I have viewed other models on Amazon, they look too similar to the Maverick unit for me to be confident they are actually something different.  I would love to hear about a true high quality 2 probe, remote thermometer for me to buy.  for now, I still use Maverick as I haven't found anything that looks like it is any better.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Remedy58
    Remedy58 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks. As I have researched the Maverick products it seems that they are still inconsistent in their quality control. I guess that is to be expected with a Chinese product. Too bad an American company won't jump in and produce a better device.