Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Rib Roast

Options
ChihuahuaTN
ChihuahuaTN Posts: 16
edited April 2015 in Pork

The Wife and I decided at the last minute that we having guests over dinner and since the weather here in East TN was gorgeous I could not resist grilling.

I needed something fast, easy, predictable and looks impressive…ergo Pork rib roast .

Added the pork rack on V-rack  for indirect heat , platesetter with drip pan filled with an IPA beer. Adjust vents for a 325-350 dome temperature. Pulled the port at 140 , and let it rest in foil for 30min.  Apple chunks used.

The Plan:

` I picked up Pork rib roast with 7ribs; enough for 5 adults and some for leftovers. Pork rib roast is also referred to as rack of pork (it also may be labeled center-cut pork loin). The cut originates in the rib area of the loin, so it contains a bit more fat which makes it flavorful.

`Bad Byrons Butt Rub with more brown sugar added

`Indirect w/ drip pan with IPA beer in the pan

`@325-350 with apple wood chunks

`Pull 140 and rest in foil for 30min before cutting

`Serve with Apricot Jelly

XL-BGE (Wine N Down), L-BGE (Whiskey Dreams),  MiniMax-BGE (Bourbon N Bowties), Mini-BGE (Beer Run) 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That's some mighty fine looking grub you got there. Awesome view as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Wow.  Just beautiful!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Looks like a perfect meal!
    McKinney, TX
  • winojeff
    Options
    Your smoked chops look fabulous. But, to take them to a higher level next time, fire up a hot grill a few minutes before slicing the cooked rib roast, slice the chops as you did, and paint bbq sauce on both sides of each chop. Then, throw them on the hot grill and caramelize both sauced sides for a couple of minutes per side, just before serving. The best combo flavor of chops and ribs anyone's ever tasted. My friends want me to invite them back, over and over, for more.
  • Buckeye79
    Options
    Those look tasty.