Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Dazzles Again!!

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
I tried the sample bag of the new "Happy Nancy" seasoning the Dizzy Pig Co. sent me yesterday and today. At first taste right out of the bag I wasn't sure about this new rub since it seemed a little bland when compared with the other DP line of rubs, but, when applied on your cook and going through the cooking process this rub really comes to "life"! Yesterday I marinated two chicken leg quarters in a vinaigrette for 24+ hours and applied the new rub liberally on the chicken right before cooking direct on my Big Green Egg. I also used it on a couple of "crash hot potatoes" and the results were pretty amazing! My wife even commented that this was the best chicken and crash potatoes I've ever done! I agreed! I didn't do pictures......sorry!
Tonight I did stir-fry chicken breasts with veggies over rice. I wokked the chicken and veggies on the Big Green Egg and put in a liberal amount of the new rub in the veggies while they were cooking. After the mixture was all cooked and back together again I put in a mixture of soy sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, dry sherry and cornstarch. This was over-the-top delicious! I'll be first in line when this new rub hits the street! Very well done Dizzy Pig! 

Sorry about the wrong sequence of the photos.......couldn't see how to rearrange them!

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    John That's some serious good eats there. Making this at the Fest?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • thegooddocta
    Options
    Looking forward to trying it now! Nice use of the wok!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Not a bad looking cook for an "old" guy.  If Joan liked your chicken and taters they must have been good.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Looks good.  Had to Google crash potatoes ... darn, now I've one more thing to try.  Thanks.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Will be crashing some potatoes for dinner 
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, John! I haven't had a chance to try my sample of Nancy yet, but the old wet finger stuck in the rub didn't light up my taste buds. But you say when cooked it comes to life - so I wonder why that is. I'll try it this week myself in some fashion.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    So what style seasoning is happy nancy?
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    edited April 2015
    Options
    says...kid friendly. A slightly sweet. lightly savory blend...for chicken, seafood and veggies. contains no chiles or black pepper. Ingredients disclosed are: demarera sugar, salt, "spices", garlic, orange peel.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    RRP said:
    says...kid friendly. A slightly sweet. lightly savory blend...for chicken, seafood and veggies. contains no chiles or black pepper. Ingredients disclosed are: demarera sugar, salt, "spices", garlic, orange peel.

That does sound kid friendly, cant wait to try it.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015