Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Thighs & Stuffed Mushrooms on the Mini.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Some simple but pretty good grub. Deboned a few thighs and stuffed with jalapenos, green onion, cream cheese and baby shrimp. Bacon wrap is standard. Seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne. The mushrooms are stuffed with a mixture of sausage and lump crabmeat ground together. All was cooked at 375 degrees indirect. All in all, not to bad. Hope yall enjoy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes sir!!! RIght before the Spring game as well..... I've gotta work during the game/practice  tomorrow and are a couple of cocktails in, debating throwing a brisket on now to watch the recording after work.....
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Where's the salad?  The rest looks good. 
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    looks good, goning to have to try it 

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Very nice!  That's a busy mini lately. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • SGH
    Options
    Where's the salad?  
    I throwed a F'ing fit and told her how it was. No rabbit feed tonight!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Oh man! That looks good!  Is that just a late night snack? Alone tonight?
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• SGH
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    Oh man! That looks good!  Is that just a late night snack? Alone tonight?
    I got a pot of Lima beans, rice and ham to go with it. Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    There's my snack for tonight
  • SGH
    Options
    There's my snack for tonight
    Looks awesome brother!!

Status- Standing by.

• thegooddocta
    Options
    That chicken stuffing sounds great. Will have to try that.
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • SGH
    Options
    That chicken stuffing sounds great. Will have to try that.
    It's pretty dog gone good my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good Scottie! 
    Options
    BTW, where they hell are you?  You said you might be coming to NOLA with your lovely wife to kill some oysters?!
    Options
    BTW, where they hell are you?  You said you might be coming to NOLA with your lovely wife to kill some oysters?!
    Brother she didn't get home until almost 8:00pm. Thus I had to cook tonight.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I understand brother.  I steamed 5 pounds of King Crab tonight and we probably need angioplasties given all the crab and cholesterol we ate.
    Options
    I understand brother.  I steamed 5 pounds of King Crab tonight and we probably need angioplasties given all the crab and cholesterol we ate.
    That sounds awesome. King crab is one of my very favorites. Where did you get the KC? Restaraunt Depot?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    We got a rain-check that we had to fight for when Rousses had it for 7.99/lb.  I think we bought 40 pounds, eventually.  They sold out in a couple hours after the ad ran.  Homey don't play bait and switch without comin' home with crab.  Eventually.  Anyway, needed to make room in the freezer for some stuff we bought tonight.  I'll post pictures.
    Options
    nolaegghead said:
      I'll post pictures. 
    Will be standing by.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Options

Options

Options
    Got some prime strip.  Needed to make room in the freezer so cooked up the crab tonight.
    Options
    Got some prime strip.  Needed to make room in the freezer so cooked up the crab tonight.
    Awesone brother. That's kind of what I imagine Heaven looks like!!

Status- Standing by.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Great cook scottie, good to see the frequency of posts pickin up again.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Great cook scottie, good to see the frequency of posts pickin up again.
    Thanks man. The cooks may be fixing to come to a halt again. Going to have to go back to work much sooner than I had planned. The tax man really hit me hard this year. I may have to start posting salads and sandwiches.

Status- Standing by.

• WyBBQer
    WyBBQer Posts: 66
    Options
    As always I sure enjoy the cooks and ideas that come from your post.  I have to agree about those )&(*@#$) taxes.  Keep on cooking
    1 LBGE & 1 MMBGE
    Lingle, WY
  • SGH
    Options
    WyBBQer said:
    As always I sure enjoy the cooks and ideas that come from your post.  I have to agree about those )&(*@#$) taxes.  Keep on cooking
    Thanks for the kind words my friend. As far as the taxes, I have never minded paying my fair share. But for the past few years my fair share hasn't seemed to fair at all. It's really starting to get out of hand. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Anytime you need to make room in the freezer, feel free to ship whatever is in the way to me  ;)

Status- Standing by.