Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru Customer Service?

Options
Anyone have any experience with their CS? I placed an order on Saturday morning with 2 day air shipping in order to get it by this weekend. I tried calling to see if I could get a date when it would ship and no one answered so I emailed, and no one has responded yet. I live close to CGS so I could order from them and pick it up or FedEx will deliver next day, I'm so close. 

I'm tempted to give Terri a call and order from them and just cancel my order with Guru, but they would have to answer the phone in order to cancel.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Guru people are normally very, very good. Sorry you are having problems.
    I would keep calling to confirm if it's going to ship.
    Why order from Guru with CGS so close? Terri and Tom are great.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I didnt realize they sold Guru until after I placed my order. And according to their website, I'm not sure they stock the PartyQ i ordered.
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    I ordered mine from Firecraft. I received it in about 3 days.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Hmm, I bought mine via Amazon, and when I went to buy a different adaptor so I could use my Guru on another smoker, I had no problem placing my order and receiving it.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Don't know about BBQ Guru, but if you can get a Flame Boss 100 I would recommend it as a good alternative.

The FB100 included the correct adapters for my XL and medium.  It includes adapters for the small and mini too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The FB100 can be purchased for less than msrp from a dealer, and its functionality is very similiar to the BBQ Guru.

The customer support is phenominal.  I could on a Saturday and Good Friday.  Both times I spoke to the owner/designer.  He was very knowledgable and helpful.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    The FB100 can be purchased for less than msrp from a dealer, and its functionality is very similiar to the BBQ Guru.

The customer support is phenominal.  I could on a Saturday and Good Friday.  Both times I spoke to the owner/designer.  He was very knowledgable and helpful.
    The Guru model he is looking to purchase, Party Q, is very different from the FB 100, but it's great to know they are a good company.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

The Guru model he is looking to purchase, Party Q, is very different from the FB 100, but it's great to know they are a good company.
    Oops.  Sorry I missed that part.  My apologies.
  • Photo Egg
    Options

tamu2009 said:
    I didnt realize they sold Guru until after I placed my order. And according to their website, I'm not sure they stock the PartyQ i ordered.
    Tempted to pick up a Party Q as well…Good luck.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You might try Kenny Baker, Dir of Operations, 800-288-4878 X254, or Bob Trudnak, Dir of Sales & Mktg (don't have his ext). I've dealt with Kenny a couple ofttimes and he has been very helpful. I am assuming both are still there, but don't know that. Good luck!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Finally heard back from them that it shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow! 

Went with the PartyQ because of its fully self contained aspect. All battery powered and I have a Maverick for the time being. I think it will be a good starter pit controller and also a good solution for traveling with the mini max for tailgating. I feel certain I'll get a DigiQ or CyberQ eventually.