Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anaheim peppers grilling and smoking.

Options
My wife gets food in our hometown off the Bountiful Baskets truck that comes around every other week. This week she purchased a 23lb. box of Anaheim peppers which we roasted for making chili dishes. We roast them on the egg, then when they are finished on all the sides, we put them into a gallon ziploc bag, let them sweat in it, then place them into the freezer till we use them. Great chili rellenos, and pork chili verde are my favorites.  

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I lived in Albuquerque for 5 years, and the end of the summer had chile roasters on street corners everywhere; the smell was intoxicating.  There's a restaurant in Salt Lake City that roasts to order, so I get a bushel every fall and fill up the freezer.  Good Stuff!!

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Silvercreek
    Options
    We used to live in Pagosa Springs, Co. and the town was the same way in fall. We would get chili's from Hatch then, and the town would be alive with the smell of roasting peppers. Those roasters would do a bushel at a time.  :)
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    We get a 25 lb. box each year from Berridge Farms in Hatch NM.  Sure wish I had one of those roasters, they work fantastic.  It's an all day job roasting, peeling and packing on the BBQ.  I admit I use the gassser for this chore.  And as @botch says it smells incredible.  They freeze up great.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA