Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any IL or IA fans here of Kit's Original MUD dip?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
I realize this is a regional product as of now but HyVee has began to stock this Cheese Chili dip. The secret formulation was created at the Cherry Street Brewing Company in Galesburg, IL in the early 90's. It is sold frozen and must be used within 7 days of thawing and heating up. I was wondering if anyone has figured a way to use it in a BGE appetizer. At least that is what I plan to come up with.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP
    Options
    HELLO HOUSTON - WE have NOT landed and we think this thread is headed to outer space, never to be heard from again! Say goodbye to IL and IA eggheads for us! 
    static static static
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Options
    Ron, perhaps you could market this like the gasket material... A challenge yes but I feel you are up to the task!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• RRP
    Options
    TCT said:
    Ron, perhaps you could market this like the gasket material... A challenge yes but I feel you are up to the task!!
    Thanks I think for the compliment - if that was what you truly meant. Our local fish wrapper had an article recently about the 
    revival of this product, the mass production and distribution of this apparently popular product. Back "then" Galesburg had a draw from a large part of Western IL with that brewer plus a WILDLY popular steak house. I admit I have never tasted it before, and just bought this small 12 oz container today for $5. I have some thawing as we speak. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I would love to try some Ron. I bet it is very good. I don't think it is available down here though. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Its like cheese dip ice cream.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    Options
    Its like cheese dip ice cream.
    Hmmmm, thanks for the reply!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Let us know how it is.  I have personally never tried it, seen it, or even heard of it.  I am always game for something new though.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    Options
    Well, I will say this - the description of "cheese chili dip" on the package is dead on! It tastes like lots of cheese mixed in with chili. It's OK and I'm glad I tried it - once.