Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

semi OT - stuffed pork tenderloin, layer by layer (pic heavy)

Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,407
edited March 2015 in Pork
performed surgery on and pounded flat two pork tenderloins, sprinkled garlic powder, S&P...

lightly fried home made loin bacon I hot smoked recently...

spinach:

home made sun dried tomatoes:

mozz (forgot to use smoked mozz):

now the real kicker, super hot Italian crack, this brand is way hotter than Little Steven's favourite brand:

all stitched up and coated with a local hot spice:

why semi OT?  although the bacon was egg smoked, it was getting late and I threw it in the kitchen box, I know I sinned! Pulled at IT 145:

plated with stir fried rapini and a 'new' tater dish; added some rub, cheese, panko, olive oil to leftover mash and baked at 400F till top crusty:

I'm done, thanks for your patience.  Gee, why is posting photos so painful, at least I got them in the right order  :)
canuckland

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited March 2015
    You had my attention and respect at stuffed!! Awesome looking grub brother :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Canugghead
    Thanks @SGH, I just completed the post.
    canuckland
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Wow that looks good!

I have some capocollo, sopressata, and genoa salame here that I think might find their way in to a tenderloin...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Canugghead
    @DMW, thanks, I think your fillings are more interesting, mine was kind of unplanned, just hunted down stuff from the freezer and pantry.
    This is my first time trying to join two tenderloins, was thinking of making a swiss roll when I started, ya right, was lucky to get the seams to meet.
    canuckland