Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

adjustable rig

Customer combo or r & b?  I'm looking for the most versatility. Does anyone have the customer combo that they use for ribs and brisket?  Does everything go fine with the smaller stone. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    R&b
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited March 2015
    I have both the customer combo and the R & B. The R & B offers better indirect coverage for longer cuts. I prefer it over the CC. Just my thoughts my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    I've had the R&B for a few weeks now and am loving it.  It's great to be able to move things up and down if you feel it's needed.  I ordered it with all 3 "slider" racks, and so far haven't needed all of them, I suspect 2 would be plenty.

The extender with sliding D grid is a must in my opinion.

Here's a couple pics.

Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Whoa, not sure why that pic is so big!?
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • Love that setup in your first two pics... I just ordered the customer combo, but looks like I'll be going back for that D grid too.
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • Eggerty
    Eggerty Posts: 220
    I said "Screw it".   I went with the R&B but also got the extender w/ D grid.  And I got the spider with 13" stone.  And got the 16" stone.  Also got two slider racks.  and I believe a drip pan.  Need help but I LOVE this thing!
    LBGE - Nov/'14
    A Texan residing in Denver, CO.