Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just a little flank steak and some poblano, corn pudding

Options
Chicklet
Chicklet Posts: 205
This meal has always been a family fave but this is the first time I've done it all on the Egg.  Well, all of it but the sautéed spinach anyway.  
This is just a simple beer marinade with Modelo, Worcestershire and cumin, oregano, S&P and a little olive oil.  
I make this serrano ham, poblano, and corn pudding I used to make in the oven.  It turned out great in the BGE I thought.  This is also great for brunch, by the way.  We love it! 
I'm still getting used to cooking times on the Egg vs just regular oven cooking but I'm getting there.  

Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great. I'm going to pick up a flank steak tomorrow now.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thegooddocta
    Options
    That looks great. Can you share the recipe for the pudding? It sounds like something I'd like to try!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Saving some of the best for last! Family favorite. Tell us about the corn side. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Bravo - love the beer marinade, I'm so taking that.
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Nice looking plate. The corn pudding looks especially good. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    Nice plate!  Flank steak is one of my favorites. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    Serrano ham and poblano corn pudding

2 large poblano chiles
    2 cups corn - you can use fresh, canned or frozen.  I like the sweet and white frozen corn that is almost thawed for consistency and it is faster too, divided
    1 stick of butter, melted and slightly cooled
    1 tsp salt
    large pinch of baking powder
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 corn masa (Maseca)
    4 ounces of thick-sliced serrano ham - (I almost always use prosciutto instead because I can't find serrano) cut into small cubes
    1 cup shredded Manchego cheese - also have used pepper jack but I like the Manchego

Roast the chilies over flame or broiler - blackened on all sides.  Place in a paper bag for about 15-20 minutes to loosen the skin.  Peel em and seed em then cut into 1/4" strips.

In a blender, mix 1 1/2 cups of corn, eggs, butter, salt and baking powder, blend til almost smooth.  Pour into a large mixing bowl then add sour cream and corn masa then stir until blended - then stir in ham, chilies, cheese and remaining 1/2 cup of corn.  
    Pour into your baking dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the pudding is puffed and golden brown in spots.  

I use a Pampered Chef oval baking dish but I have also used a 13x9 inch glass pan in the oven.  I have easily tripled this recipe for a crowd and it never disappoints.  It is so yummy! 

m
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob