Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tequila Marinated London Broil (from the round - yikes) Tacos

thegooddocta
thegooddocta Posts: 264
I got a London Broil from the round in my meat CSA, and I thought I'd take a risk (instead of wasting it). I marinated the "steak" in jalapeño infused tequila and a Peruvian lime spice mix. While marinating in the bag for 4 hours, I pounded it with my fist intermittently - I figured the long soak in tequila and the beating would make this fine fine hunk of meat edible. Well, the flavor was really good, but it was still a bit tougher than I'd like (not as horrible as I've had with London Broil before though). I'll do this again with a better cut of meat sometime!

Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI

Comments

• Sorry the pics are out of order!
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Great way to salvage a cheap cut of meat. I'd definitely have one of those! 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker