Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak Trip(and some golf) with pics

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
edited March 2015 in Off Topic
Got up at 4:30 on Friday and drove four hours to Memphis. My Dad loves golf and wanted to tag along. We played Mirimichi which is a course that I used to play all the time in dental school when it was called Big Creek. Justin Timberlake bought it a few years ago and put around $16million into it in renovations. Great course and it broke up the trip a bit. No pics of it, sorry.

Five more hours to Harrison, AR and crashed at my buddy's house(he picked up the lump and stored it in his basement for me). The next morning we played at Top of the Rock Golf Course near Branson, MO. Some amazing views on this course...

Back to his house to load the 500lbs of lump and start home. We found it easier to use his golf cart to transport it from the basement around to the front of the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BUd2FmEsgA&feature=youtu.be

On the way home we passed the Yellville, AR (home of Ozark Oak) Chamber of Commerce. The only CoC I noticed on the entire 1000 mile round trip. I had to get a pic. They wouldn't talk to me either @RRP ;)

I had the pleasure of meeting two fellow Middle Tennessee Eggheads on the way home( @JWF @ThrillSeeker ) both great guys. This was probably the best 42 hour trip I have ever been on. Got some lump, played some golf and met some nice Eggers. What more could you ask for?
In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments