Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not a bad gig if you can get it.

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    That would be fun, but at $12/hr a guy wouldn't be buying any more eggs.
    Phoenix 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited March 2015
    I like how "barbecue experience is highly recommended" but not necessary

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    If I didn't have much to do I would do it for free. I love to BBQ. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    For $12 hour could probably do own catering events and make more money. Be good for someone in college or retired though. 
    Boom
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035

@johnkitchens, my dad made sure he put me to work in our furniture factory every summer for the same reason. I knew I had pissed him off when I got sent to the finishing department to wipe stain all day.

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I know a bunch of dipshits that need that 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • johnkitchens
    @TTC and @henapple I totally agree with that. My 16 year old son works with me every summer and has for many years so can get a good dose of reality.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Unfortunately, because of insurance most carpet mills require you to be 18. Too many ways to get killed. Hanging 20# packages of yarn in 100 degree building is a good deterrent to truancy.   
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I had a summer job when I was a kid that required me to pull weeds by hand out of a soybean field in Georgia in July for $3 an hour. 

After a few hours of doing that you start thinking about what you want to major in when you go to college. 

Youngster!  I walked beans for $0.50/hour!  (but, yeah, it set me on the correct path too)  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I have my name in the BGE demo hat locally for weekend gigs. Why not right. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnkitchens
    We are supposed to wait until they are 16, but my son has been coming down since he was 11 or 12. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Sounds like many of us had similar upbringings.  My father had me paint houses with him during the summers.  My father did not believe in taking lunch breaks - we would just hustle straight through the day, sun up to sunset.   I used to pray for rain.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    My first job was picking raspberries at 14. My next job was at an egg processing plant. Not the green kind, the white ones. Worked as a B-picker, then a candler. Worked my way to case packer and then refilled the lines with cartons and flats. Next job was building and repairing PCs. Lets just say I found my calling and I'm a geek now.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I had a job picking fly crap out of pepper....either my teeth. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN