Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuna Cakes

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
I saw this recipe in the newspaper; it's a Fail but has some good potential.  When I noticed the ingredient list included Stauffer's chicken stuffing, and a cup of cheddar, I got wary but tried it as-is, with the exception of cooking them on the Small rather than in a frying pan.
They didn't stick together very well, I was able to get 90% of them off the grill.  The taste wasn't bad at all, however, and grilling them worked well except for them being fragile.  Next time I might try a beaten egg instead of the cheese for a binder (I don't think cheese belongs with fish anyway), or maybe find a better recipe altogether for crab cakes and just substitute the tuna.

I thought tuna came in standardized can sizes.  The market had 4.5-oz, 5-oz, 6-oz and 12-oz sizes, but not the 7-oz called for in the recipe.  Are these the same people who sell hot dogs in packages of ten or seven, and buns in packages of eight??  :angry:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments