Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Decided to try pot pies...

Options
tz666
tz666 Posts: 404
first time and came out real good, won't be the last 

Comments

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Very nice. Thats some comfort food.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You mind sharing that recipe? My wife has been on me about making some egg CPP and that looks fantastic. You know it's good when the fork will stand up in it. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Nice!  It's also a good way to use up leftover turkey.
    canuckland
  • tz666
    tz666 Posts: 404
    Options
    I read the food network recipe and used it as a go by. I doubled it and when I made the filling before I added meat and veggies it seemed thin so I made way more roux to thicken it up. I added shrooms to the recipe and some home made hot peppers. I also used some Cajun seasoning instead of just salt and pepper. I cheated and used store bought pie crust. I just didn't feel like messing with the pastry part, there is a good bit that goes into making these. I started with 2 whole chickens and spatchcocked them and egged till 180 internal. I deboned them and also added a little leftover pork butt just because. I had to fit this cook in between LSU totally blowing the basketball game and the baseball game that evening. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Thanks. I agree with you. A pastry chef I am not.