Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Blackstone pizza oven

Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,407
edited March 2015 in Off Topic
I may get banned for this.  Just updated this thread but it doesn't appear in 'latest posts':
http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1694685#Comment_1694685

Anyway, here's my update:
very tempting, $299 CAD is about $238 USD, have to add 13% tax in Ontario though...
http://www.lowes.ca/gas-grills/blackstone-54-in-single-burner-20-lb-cylinder-electronic-ignition-outdoor-stove_g1773064.html?ProductSlot=2

canuckland

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2015
    I've heard nothing but good things about them, except the adhesive on the sticker is too good ( @DMW ). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Canugghead
    Hairdryer usually takes care of sticky labels for me.
    canuckland
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Do it . .  I LOVE my blackstone.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Canugghead
    edited March 2015
    Damn forum, I already own three eggs, two Anova's and a tandoor oven  :o
    canuckland
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Damn forum, I already own three eggs, two Anova's and a tandoor oven  :o
    LOL.  Then the oven will fit right in and won't be noticed! 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• NDG
    edited March 2015
    Ha . . . yeah @Canugghead I jump in fast too, but here are my eqpt purchases I made from forum suggestions . . In order of "smart purchase" to "should have slept on it" purchase:

1) Large BGE (10/10)
    2) Blackstone Pizza Oven (9/10 . . . not a 10 bc its big and ugly)
    3) Carbon Steel Wok (7/10 . . wife loves it!)
    4) Sansaire Sous Vide (6/10 some great chicken but some recent fails)
    5) Amaze-N Cold Smoker  (4/10 still not sure)
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    @Canugghead - some time last year, it was on sale and I convinced a friend to buy on (they eat more pizza than we do), I have been over a few times to make pizzas at their place, and this thing really rocks. You can bang out pizzas for even a large party without breaking a sweat. I did not buy one because we make pizza only a couple of times a year.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    I hear you @caliking , I'm guessing it should be good for naan and tikka too, may be I can sell my tandoor to Little Steven to fund this!
    canuckland
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Do it. And those stickers are from the devil, hairdryer didn't do squat and neither did goo-gone. I have heard others were able to get Black Stone to replace parts that the stickers permanently attached to, but it doesn't bug me too much.

Which reminds me, I need to make pizza again soon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Love the Blackstone. I just ordered a new one for $174 from Lowes and today just picked up the sansaire. Can't wait to use that this evening.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    smokeyj said:
    Love the Blackstone. I just ordered a new one for $174 from Lowes and today just picked up the sansaire. Can't wait to use that this evening.
    Wow that is a great price...I just checked and they are $269 right now but none in stock near me and not available to ship. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Some stores were at $87.00 I think big sales ended over the weekend.
  • jones2289
    jones2289 Posts: 56
    Just found a store near me that has two available for $87.  I'm tempted to say the least.  I haven't done on a ton of pizza on the egg yet, and am wondering if the Blackstone is worth the space it will take up on the patio or in the garage for storage.
    Indianapolis, IN
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    jones2289 said:
    Just found a store near me that has two available for $87.  I'm tempted to say the least.  I haven't done on a ton of pizza on the egg yet, and am wondering if the Blackstone is worth the space it will take up on the patio or in the garage for storage.
    For that price I would buy both of them.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Canugghead
    edited March 2015
    @jones2289 - great first post, and Welcome!  I would buy both too.
    Trust me, from what I've seen/heard, the lump saving$ alone (vs. making pizza in BGE) will pay for it in no time!  You can resell the second one.
    canuckland
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I picked one up in the states last November for $269 prior to the dollar downturn. I put it together in the living room as it was cold out by then. connected it up to propane and tested it out to make sure it lit. It has been sitting in my garage since. Not that I didn't want to use it, just didn't want to use it in the bitter cold. We have started our spring thaw this week and I will break it out as soon as I can roll it out to the deck.
  • jones2289
    @Canugghead - Thank you, and glad to be here!  I was only intending on picking up one, but am considering the second if you all think it can be resold.  I had read about these while perusing the forum before, but didn't realize they were that popular.
    Indianapolis, IN
  • jones2289
    Just a heads up for any Indiana eggheads: the Lowe's in Kokomo has two open box, already assembled Blackstone ovens for $87 apiece. I drove up today and talked myself out of them, due to the space they would take up, and the need for an outdoor electrical outlet. While I think I would enjoy one when I used it, I'm not confident I'd use it enough to justify the hassle of storage and dragging it in and out of the garage. 
    Indianapolis, IN
  • NDG
    @jones2289 . . . FYI I keep mine in the garage and use it in the garage.  Burns pretty clean, but I open the garage door and get a draft by placing fan on the opposite side.
    Columbus, OH