Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just some wings after installing the new high que

Options
theyolksonyou
theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
So after some back and forth with @johnkitchens I finally bit and ordered a high que grate. I need the quicker heat during the week. Well, installed today and not a day too soon. 

So now to give it a go. Normal Sunday is some mediocre meal at the in laws house for lunch then something really light for dinner. Along those lines, just some wings and veggies. Rubbed with OR chicken and game bird and a little HDD.  Indirect 400ish for 45 minutes then sauced direct 400 ish to set. Some with franks buffalo and some with SBR original. 

Out of order of course, but you get it. 

My oldest is still in braces and he just had an adjustment so he didn't eat all his. Instead he went all Chopped on me and raided the fridge. He came out with Asiago, bacon bits, turkey and left over dinner rolls. Grated his own cheese and construct some petite hot sammies. 

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I wish I knew you ordered one I would've sent you mine for shipping
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @grege345 you didn't like it?  Thanks for the offer, albeit too late. Nice thought. I'm guessing the amazons don't want one back that's been cooked on. 
  • grege345
    Options
    It worked as advertised. No complaints. Decided on kick ash w/o grate. Seems to be working. My luck ill get rid of it and the bottom will fall out of the ash basket. 

• grege345
    Options
    It does get a little squirrelly when your aggressive with the ash tool. Other than that well built

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    grege345 said:
    I wish I knew you ordered one I would've sent you mine for shipping
    If you're looking to get rid of it, I'd take it off your hands for the cost of shipping. I still have one stock grate in a L. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I hope you like it Jason. I love my Hi Que grate. The only regret was that I didn't get it sooner. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's