Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Augusta National/Masters room is coming together

Options
YEMTrey
YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
Added a couple of nice pieces in the last few months.  Still looking for more! 
Steve 
XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    While I don't share your love for this crappy town, I can appreciate the idea. If it helps, every antique shop in a 50 mile radius is chock full of old masters stuff. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I love it and the town. But I haven't been there in 28 years. Lived there in my incredibly young years. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome. The Masters is my favorite event besides Tennessee football games. I am going on 7 years in a row with no luck in the practice round ticket lottery. I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and scalp tickets I guess. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wait till tiger bails- prices will tank.  They seem to be running higher this year than in the past. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looking great man!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    @Wolfpack I think that will be the case as well although I'd love to see him back and competitive again. 

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    While I don't share your love for this crappy town, I can appreciate the idea. If it helps, every antique shop in a 50 mile radius is chock full of old masters stuff. 
    Thanks for the info.  I hopefully will be in the area soon and can check out some places.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    Wow, that is awesome. The Masters is my favorite event besides Tennessee football games. I am going on 7 years in a row with no luck in the practice round ticket lottery. I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and scalp tickets I guess. 
    Thanks!
    Same here.  I strike out every year on the ticket lottery.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Looking great man!
    Thanks Chubbs!  Can't wait to fire up the Egg and watch the tourney!
    Steve 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    @jls9595 I agree- will never understand his thought process; when he was winning he had the perfect golf swing.  Why would you feel the need to monkey with it? Game too easy? But i do like the young guys stepping up- 
    Greensboro, NC
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    Awesome room. That is my dream. You must be a good player. 690 MB?
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    @golfandgrill,  that set is Titleist Tour Models that I played for a few years a long time ago.  I need more help these days.  Currently playing Mizzy MP-57's.
    Hope to focus a lot more on my game this year.  Cheers! 
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    @Golfandgrill, I used to be much better than I am now.  House, career, kids, all have taken priority.  Kids are older now and I'm hoping to play much more golf this year than I have in the past several.
    Steve 

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Love it.  I've got a print of #13 on my wall.  Was there to see Gentle Ben win it in '84.  Play to a 9 myself.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Nice...  I am addicted to your passion as well
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Love the room. Ahhhh the Masters. The official start to spring. I play Mizuno MP 63's w Titleist woods. Used to be able to hold my own, now...not so much. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Nice setup @YEMTrey. I live 50 miles away from the course.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Love the look. I have a few pieces of memorabilia myself. Me and the wife went 2 years ago to the Wednesday practice round and the Par 3. I t was a lot of fun. Alas I didn't win the lotto this year bur will keep trying. Funny thing is I've never played a single hole on a real golf course and at 50 its probably to late to learn, but I love the Masters. There's something almost magical about that place.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Gave up golf in 1997 and have not regretted it for a day. Amazingly, I still enjoy the Masters. Can't explain why but it just always draws me in.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Thanks for the comments.  There's just something very special about the Masters.  Especially living this far north.  Coming out of a harsh winter, the Masters signifies the start of spring.

I'm still negotiating with the wife, trying to get her to wear a white Augusta caddy jumper and wait on me all weekend!  Not sure it'll go too far, lol.
    Steve 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    gamason said:
    Funny thing is I've never played a single hole on a real golf course and at 50 its probably to late to learn, 
    It isn't too late. You should take it up. I suck at it, but I love it! I am going to try to play a few holes during my lunch hour today. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    gamason said:
    Funny thing is I've never played a single hole on a real golf course and at 50 its probably to late to learn, 
    It isn't too late. You should take it up. I suck at it, but I love it! I am going to try to play a few holes during my lunch hour today. 

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Thanks for the comments.  There's just something very special about the Masters.  Especially living this far north.  Coming out of a harsh winter, the Masters signifies the start of spring.

I'm still negotiating with the wife, trying to get her to wear a white Augusta caddy jumper and wait on me all weekend!  Not sure it'll go too far, lol.
    Especially when all she makes is $2 pimento cheese sandwiches for you. 

Great room bro!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Love the room, and I love the Masters. I have been lucky enough to go twice on Sunday. Once in 2006 to see Phil win his second and in 2011 to see Schwartzel's 4 birdie finish. It really is a special place, TV does not do it justice.  

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I hate you man, you're giving me the itch. I haven't swung a club in over 3 years since my first kid was born.

After March Madness, The Masters is my favorite thing on television. I love Azaleas so I am in heaven when Amen Corner is on.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I was going to say that you have a pretty serious set of irons in that bag and that you must mean business on the first tee...but someone beat me to it. The true test is if you have little black circles on the face from hitting it flush on every shot. I play with guys like that and they make me sick...and take my money. Nice room, I love the Masters but clearly not as much as you. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    jonnymack said:
    Gave up golf in 1997 and have not regretted it for a day. Amazingly, I still enjoy the Masters. Can't explain why but it just always draws me in.

Same here......Wimbledon too.  Those are the only two sporting events I can stand watching. 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    I was going to say that you have a pretty serious set of irons in that bag and that you must mean business on the first tee...but someone beat me to it. The true test is if you have little black circles on the face from hitting it flush on every shot. I play with guys like that and they make me sick...and take my money. Nice room, I love the Masters but clearly not as much as you. 
    Agreed.  I have a friend of mine that hits every shot pure and has a helluva swing.  He's in a completely different realm than I'm in.  I bought those Titleist Tour Model blades from a friend and had to play them for awhile.  The heads on them are actually much larger and forgiving than you'd think.  But yes, my swing nowadays needs all the help it can get.
    I'll never play those large cavity back TM's or Callaways.  I'm a feel golfer and can't stand the feel of those.  So now I'm into the MP-57's and loving them.  Hopefully, time willing, I can play some good golf this season.
    Steve 

• vegas slim
    Options
    love it!! i too am a fan of the masters every golf fan needs to put it on their bucket list
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Hi54putty said:
    Agreed.  I have a friend of mine that hits every shot pure and has a helluva swing.  He's in a completely different realm than I'm in.  I bought those Titleist Tour Model blades from a friend and had to play them for awhile.  The heads on them are actually much larger and forgiving than you'd think.  But yes, my swing nowadays needs all the help it can get.
    I'll never play those large cavity back TM's or Callaways.  I'm a feel golfer and can't stand the feel of those.  So now I'm into the MP-57's and loving them.  Hopefully, time willing, I can play some good golf this season.
    That's a good set. I finally broke down last year and bought the Callaway Apex Pro irons. They are forged but a little more forgiving. I like them so far but they are a little heavy. I don't get the bug to get out there and work on my game until Masters week. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC