Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheap throw down PR...er, um, I mean here's some better pics!

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,627
I was wrestling with posting last night - lost my text once and then had the full thing disappear when I submitted.  I'm still waiting for it to be 'approved.'  Lost my patience after that and just emailed pics to computer - reduced resolution pics it seems.

Only a couple of additional comments worth adding here and then some better pics.

1. Wifey graciously took care of all veg and sauce / dressings

2. The bulgogi marinade was a bastardization of a combination of two recipes I found online and was of course meant for short ribs and 12+ hours and I marinated just a couple.  The cool part was rubbing the filet with nothing but brown sugar and letting that sit while I prepped the rest.  Great flavor on the outside of the steak, it probably wouldn't have absorbed much more.

3. Searing in coconut or sesame oil (or both) probably doesn't add anything that I could detect.

4. The taco fixins with the ahi made a badass salad today with a dressing similar to the wasabi mayo lime.  I added some crumbled sweet & spicy pecans from Trader Joes.  If you are near a TJs, go buy these right now, they make everything better.

And now some marginally better pics.

Comments