Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Having a Kick Ash Day

Options
mgd_egg
mgd_egg Posts: 476
My Kick Ash Basket that was on backorder just came today (with a free beer koosie).  It should make my life a little easier and keep me out of the cold a little more.

This is a luxury item for me, now I'm done spending on accessories!

Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    mgd_egg said:
    My Kick Ash Basket that was on backorder just came today (with a free beer koosie).  It should make my life a little easier and keep me out of the cold a little more.

This is a luxury item for me, now I'm done spending on accessories!

Right. Sure you are. good luck with that.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Lol ya. Let me know how that works  out
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I said that after my first egg.  4 eggs later....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Liar Liar Liar!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • mgd_egg
    Options
    Ok, there are some other accessories I want, not to mention a second egg... 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kick Ash Basket seems to be pretty cool but man, that has got to be the worst name in the market
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Kick Ash Basket seems to be pretty cool but man, that has got to be the worst name in the market
    Agreed on both counts...it does look like a cool product...but you don't kick it.  They should have called it the Shake dat Ash basket. 
    They use that slogan in the marketing. The basket kicks ash, get it? Some people?
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I've had mine for just over a month now.
    Sure glad I bought it!
     :) 
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Where's it made?
    Seattle, WA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Where's it made?
    @SkinnyV Green Bay, Wisconsin 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Thumper169
    Options
    Are these SS or plated metal? 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Are these SS or plated metal? 
    Not stainless
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    It's plain steel. Mines a year old. Holding up fine. LOVE IT. Wish they'd make one for the minimax. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    I love mine so far - simple but saves a lot of time and the increased airflow is unreal. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Agreed on both counts...it does look like a cool product...but you don't kick it.  They should have called it the Shake dat Ash basket. 
    They use that slogan in the marketing. The basket kicks ash, get it? Some people?
    Oh yeah. I get it. Still an ridiculously bad name for the product. Just my opinion. 
  • egger911
    egger911 Posts: 39
    Options
    I've had mine since last summer. Simple idea that makes clean up, and set up for the next cook, extremely easy. Very glad I bought it. 
    Large BGE, Weber Summit, Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Kettle, Offset Smoker, and a 1974 Smokey Joe. (Love that Egg, should have got it earlier.) Moorpark, (Southern) California 93021
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    The longer I stay outside the happier urban mama is
  • SeahawksEGGHead
    Options
    Mine's on order, really looking forward to it.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    I love mine.  I wish I had a custom "kick ash basket" the size of the kitty litter box.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Thumper169
    Options
    SmyrnaGA said:
    I love mine.  I wish I had a custom "kick ash basket" the size of the kitty litter box.
    How bad do you want one :)  that's easily doable.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I am going to steal that name and market one of these that sells for half as much.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Chubbs said:
    Oh yeah. I get it. Still an ridiculously bad name for the product. Just my opinion. 
    Guess it's better than Ash Shaker :)
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • Chubbs
    Options
    mgd_egg said:
    Oh yeah there will be. Oh and that coozie wasn't free! You bought the ash basket for $50! 
  • mgd_egg
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    mgd_egg said:
    Oh yeah there will be. Oh and that coozie wasn't free! You bought the ash basket for $50! 
    Ugh!  Don't remind me.  $50 is a pretty hefty price...  it seems to be of pretty good we'll see how it goes.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    mgd_egg said:
    If I were you I would make a thousand of them, to start, and call them something else and sell them for a lot less. You will be rich. I'm sure they only take a minute and a few bucks to make right? Nothing stopping you. You can likely get them done over the weekend. You can market them here and I won't flag you. Good luck. Oh, don't forget the koozie. 
  • mgd_egg
    Options
    Well, you guys were right!  I couldn't pass up a deal on a Mini Max.  Say hello to my little friend.  I'm going to try the Woo with stone in-lieu of the plate setter.  I'm looking forward to taking my little friend on some adventures this summer.