Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries

Options

Made this last night

Took  chicken breast and brined with a sugar/salt mix. Seasoned then pan fried. Fried some bacon for the fries and then put the ciabatta bread in the bacon grease. Sautéed onions/mushrooms and put on chicken along with aged swiss cheese. Spread avocado on bread. Little honey mustard.

Took sweet potato and light coat of olive oil then seasoned with salt/pepper/cumin and baked. Once done put Tupelo honey and bacon crumbles on it. The fries were the real home run. 
Boom

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    yep, its a winner winner chicken sammich for dinner!
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

Thanks. The fries came out much better than I expected. Def will be making those again. I have some bourbon honey I will try next time. 

I am also going to try to make an avocado dressing next time for the sandwich

Boom
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Thanks. The fries came out much better than I expected. Def will be making those again. I have some bourbon honey I will try next time. 

Were the fries fresh cut and baked on the egg? 
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

Were the fries fresh cut and baked on the egg? 
    They were cut right in my kitchen. I baked them in oven. And was too rainy for me to grill outside so entire meal was actually done in kitchen. But I can't wait to do the fries on the BGE, I bet would be really damn good. 
    Boom
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    love those sweet tater fries
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    love those sweet tater fries
    Thanks! First time I have ever made them. The honey and bacon crumbles really set them off. They will be added to my regular rotation going forward
    Boom