Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled chicken puffy tacos

My wifes bday. I cooking up some grilled chicken puffy tacos and homemade salsa. Also bought her a mid modern dinning room table. With both leafs is almost 10ft long. Picked it up for a steal.30 bucks. I have some chairs I need to redo that will go perfect with it.
imageimageimageimage

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• those tacos look great!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Good lord! Those tacos look spectacular! And for $30 that table is sweet.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Thanks. It still blows my mind, how moist just plain chicken breast off the egg are.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009

Wow.."puffy tacos" sure does get me going

I got a thing for puffy ones

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• texaswig
    Haha

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009

Scott,

They are nice looking tacos

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    How did you do the shells?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• texaswig
    @Mickey flour Tortillas in a skillet with a couple of inches of oil. I throw one flat in the oil for around 15 seconds let it puff up. Then flip and fold with tongs till you get what your wanting a far as brownness. The texture is awesome. Kinda chewy and crunchy at the same time.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Mickey
    texaswig said:

@Mickey flour Tortillas in a skillet with a couple of inches of oil. I throw one flat in the oil for around 15 seconds let it puff up. Then flip and fold with tongs till you get what your wanting a far as brownness. The texture is awesome. Kinda chewy and crunchy at the same time.

Thanks. I had never done that, but I will soon.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Scott please try to make it down to Salado EggFest on March 14th.

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Great freakin job on those tacos.
    =D> 8->
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • texaswig
    @Mickey I'm really gonna to make it buddy. Only thing is if everything goes right I'll be closing on my house next week. Hopefully I can get everything moved and be setup by then.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Those tacos look excellent! What kind of cheese?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Awesome looking tacos, Scott. I could go for one of those right now. :-bd

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Fantastic looking tacos. Thanks for the tip on the shells.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • bweaver
    bweaver Posts: 112
    Nothing better than a nice puffy taco...the food look good too!
  • texaswig
    @PNWFoodie it's queso blanco. It's comes in a little wheel it's crumbles but still kinda moist. I also used Mexican style crema instead of sour cream. I liked it a little bit better than sour cream when it comes to tacos.

scott 
    Greenville Tx