Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max street tacos

Options
SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum
Flank steak, making a bean recipe I saw on cooks country that came out Nice

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Seattle, WA

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    That's the ticket. Cook that protein whole, like that. Totally killed em. I'm hungry again.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    It looks good! Do you recommend the mini max? I was looking into buying one this week but all this talk about the fire ring makes me hesitate...

Options
    I can be there in 3 days. For damn sure later in the summer. Nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    For hot and fast:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Love me some tacos!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Love it!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SkinnyV
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yep Mickey I got those mini grids on deck for that

Guys the platesetter and the woo, mine takes a bit of hassle to get it in and out. It does not fit right through the top, is this correct? When I tilt and turn i can get it out, but it took me a few minutes.
    Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    @Mickey if you ever come through let me know. I'm a stones throw from all the attractions (space needle, water front etc).
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    edited February 2015
    Options
    SkinnyV said:

Yep Mickey I got those mini grids on deck for that

Guys the platesetter and the woo, mine takes a bit of hassle to get it in and out. It does not fit right through the top, is this correct? When I tilt and turn i can get it out, but it took me a few minutes.

Mine as well. I did this just to make it quicker with a Drimmel (?spelling). Going to junk that anyway now that Tom has the stones in.

• Mickey
    Options
    SkinnyV said:

@Mickey if you ever come through let me know. I'm a stones throw from all the attractions (space needle, water front etc).

Will do. Was there this past summer and stayed in Bellingham with only one night in Seattle. This coming summer we will be back and call you.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice!  What type of shell/tortilla is that?  Homemade?  They look similar to ones that we make at home.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site