Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: just ordered this from Firecraft

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
Prices seem good (total was $110) and no shipping is nice.  I like supporting my local ACE, but wanted to give this a try.  I got the following:
  • (1) Head Country Championship Seasoning - 6oz Shaker Bottle
  • (4) Rockwood Lump Charcoal - 20lbs
  • (1) Smoke Me BBQ Wood Peach Wood Chunks
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I love the place.  I just opened my last bags of Ozark and Rockwood so i'll be placing an order here shortly as well.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you have an academy sports around you the one by me carries peach chunks.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I also love Firecraft. It doesn't get much simpler than home delivery for free. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I placed an order earlier for 8 bags of Ozark Oak and 1 bag of Natures Way Charcoal Wood Pellets for a buddy that has a Traeger.   No body local carries OO.  I will typically buy more wood chunks local though.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• NDG
    Options
    Nice - I have never found peach wood here in Ohio. I have been using komodo joe charcoal for last year @ $22.00 / bag. I have to say I really like it . . .but found ACE winter supply sucks.   

I assume this is b/c less demand = less supply of crap bags held together with packing tape. Excited to try Rockwood . . . maybe OO next time.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    Options
    Real Quick Update.  Rockwood is great!  With the departure of OO, I hope it stays in stock! 

Shocked how fast Rockwood gets started and how much quicker my egg gets to temp compared to the Red Komodo Joe Charcoal I have been exclusively using the last 2 years.  I would say they are very similar on flavor (both very neutral) and very similar on chunk size (good mix).

SIDE NOTE: my peach wood chunks are STILL backordered :(  
    Columbus, OH

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Rockwood is currently on back-order at firecraft until 3/25.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• NDG
    edited March 2015
    Options
    $hit the bed.  Scratch my last post . . Rockwood blows - better off with kingsford briquettes.  :s
    Columbus, OH

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Smokinpig said:

Should be quicker than that......just logged in and I see our truck is 98 miles from West Chester.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Smokinpig said:

Should be quicker than that......just logged in and I see our truck is 98 miles from West Chester.
    Does your driver know he is being watched?  B)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    @stlcharcoal thanks for the update. My info came from their email this AM on my order yesterday for 100 pounds.  Keep up the good work my friend, love your product.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The hammer is down and they're going to blow through any road blocks Smokey and the Bandit style!!!  Only difference is that if need be, I run cover in my DeLorean rather than a black TransAm......no cowboy hat either. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I love the place.  I just opened my last bags of Ozark and Rockwood so i'll be placing an order here shortly as well.
    Last bags? You like living on the edge @YEMTrey
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    The hammer is down and they're going to blow through any road blocks Smokey and the Bandit style!!!  Only difference is that if need be, I run cover in my DeLorean rather than a black TransAm......no cowboy hat either. 
    They are waiting for the truck at Salado too! 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Last bags? You like living on the edge @YEMTrey
    Didn't know I was that low.  Luckily got my shipment in a couple of weeks back before the Ozark Oak announcement.  Looks like from here on out it'll be all Rockwood all the time for me.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Sounds like you'll be able to get OO in a green bag before too long.