Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Exciting Mini Cook

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum

Made ya look!! :P

Mother In Law is up with us this weekend helping with Duke while Mrs. G is back at work for the first time. Letting us put off day care for another week. Last night, her and Mrs. G wanted something that I guess they grew up eating. Weenies and sauerkraut. Slice up the hot dogs, fry 'em up and add sauerkraut,  with lima beans and mashed potatoes on the side. I didn't feel like it and wanted to grill, so lit up the Mini,

When I was at the store, I accidentally grabbed Nathan's Beef hotdogs. Gluten free. I don't know what, if anything, is in a regular hot dog to add gluten, but I can report that their gluten free ones taste just like...well...like a hot dog tastes. Nice snap to the casing as well. Nothing healthy about this meal, got two extra for lunch today. Guess its gonna have to be a healthy dinner for me tonight.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    @Griffin What no tots?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    =)) It was a toss up between tots and fries and I really wanted to get the fries out of the freezer. There was so few left in the bag, not enough for two people and just taking up room. It was a tough choice, let me tell you.

Rowlett, Texas

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I have been there. I have a outdoor fryer and many times it has been "Short Bags" from the freezer. What ever is left with not much in the bag.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I was expecting some tots... 

Good that you can prolong daycare buddy.  It has been a wild ride for us with daycare.... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Griffin

I think my love of tots has become over exaggerated. Or not. =))

@tarheelmatt Next week my Mom is gonna help a bit and Mrs. G and I are gonna take a day or two off to cover the rest of the week. That way we push day care off till he's 10 weeks old. We found a nice lady not too far off that will be doing his day care at ther home. Went and interviewed with her and she seems real nice. Our friends used her for their twins and we trust their judgement. Just hate that we have to send him so early.

:(

Rowlett, Texas

• Wilma works nights and I work days. Our youngest doesn't know what the inside of a daycare looks like. My oldest was in daycare for three months before the previous Mrs. Flintstone took a night job and had the same arrangement. It's tough, but I thank God we can pull it off.
    Flint, Michigan
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    @Griffin, that is great.  I believe I would have liked having someone like you guys do, but we didn't.  Man it has been one sickness after another then it gets passed to us.  It is tough sending them off so young.  We waited till our little girl was five months old, but it was still very hard.  I will admit it, I cried and the first couple weeks are tough, but eventually, you'll enjoy it.  Good luck bro!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    NO TOTS L-)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Not wanting to send a 6 week old off to daycare led to my current situation. She's in year 13 of maternity leave. It was hard when we were young, but we learned to adjust.

and I expected tots!
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145

Not wanting to send a 6 week old off to daycare led to my current situation. She's in year 13 of maternity leave. It was hard when we were young, but we learned to adjust.

and I expected tots!

=))
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!