Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More beef ribs, beans, and cheesy skillet potatoes

Options
All this talk of beef ribs lately I had to give into the peer pressure.  About 270 for around 5 hours.  No foil this time.  I glazed with a simple mix of BBQ sauce and Worcestershire.  Added some of the wife's baked beans.  I had some gold potatoes laying around so I decided to add those too but not soon enough.  The ribs were done but the potatoes needed more time.  Luckily I had skillet of bacon grease so I cubed them, fried them in the grease a few minutes, and then put them back in the egg at 400ish while I kept the ribs warm in the oven.  It was a happy accident as they were the best taters I have had in a long time. 

imageimageimage
(fork added for scale)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Need deets on those taters. Also, I have not seen a BGE grid extender in 5 years. Nice!!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There is probably an easier way to these...but if you got an egg going and you are just sitting around drinking beer then why not. 

These were gold potatoes from Publix.  Put them on the egg indirect for enough time to soften them slightly, for example 270 for 1 hour.  While they are cooking, fry up some bacon.  Remove the potatoes from the egg, cut into cubes, and fry them up a bit in the bacon grease.  Back on the egg until they are tender, then add cheese and bacon and cook a few more minutes to melt the cheese. 

That is actually a steamer rack.  I got it from Amazon for $5 :).  It is $7 now. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Those taters.....DAYUM.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Yeah, your ribs and potatoes look great. I posted a link to the CB hash brown casserole on my hot dog post earlier tonight if you're interested.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:

Yeah, your ribs and potatoes look great. I posted a link to the CB hash brown casserole on my hot dog post earlier tonight if you're interested.

Thanks man- bookmarked! 

• Deviledegger
    Options
    I love getting new ideas for my ci collection. Nice cook!