Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Red Wings and West Tampa Eggrolls (pics)

Been wanting to do the @RRP red wings and started them Friday.  They were good but I will add more heat next time.  Mrs Ragu made some Cuban sandwich eggrolls. Ham, roast pork, salami, swiss and pickle.  If you have ever been to tampa or Miami and had a pressed Cuban sandwich these eggrolls have the same flavor and crunch.  Amazing cook by the Mrs and great plating skills as usual.  Now if I could only figure out how to put the pics on the site like many of you do..... 

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Sorry they didn't live up to your heat expectations. I thought I had been fairly clear that they are not "hot wings" and I even included the option of adding DP Swamp Venom if you wanted more kick.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    They did hold flavor really well which is always my trouble with wings. I also did the 4 hr quick brine. I think that helps.
  • RRP
    Big Ragu said:

They did hold flavor really well which is always my trouble with wings. I also did the 4 hr quick brine. I think that helps.

Just for clarification if you don't mind. You did mean the 4 hour brine with salt and THEN the 50 hours in the marinade didn't you? I once ate some at an Eggfest that a guy said he had followed my recipe, but they didn't taste like mine. When I asked him the time he said "oh I put them in that marinade last night" which couldn't have been even 12 hours before he egged them. I don't mean to offend you - just wondering.
  • Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    RRP said:

Big Ragu said:

Just for clarification if you don't mind. You did mean the 4 hour brine with salt and THEN the 50 hours in the marinade didn't you? I once ate some at an Eggfest that a guy said he had followed my recipe, but they didn't taste like mine. When I asked him the time he said "oh I put them in that marinade last night" which couldn't have been even 12 hours before he egged them. I don't mean to offend you - just wondering.</blockquot

Yes did the 4 then the 50 in the red bath.
  • RRP
    Big Ragu said:

RRP said:

Big Ragu said:

Just for clarification if you don't mind. You did mean the 4 hour brine with salt and THEN the 50 hours in the marinade didn't you? I once ate some at an Eggfest that a guy said he had followed my recipe, but they didn't taste like mine. When I asked him the time he said "oh I put them in that marinade last night" which couldn't have been even 12 hours before he egged them. I don't mean to offend you - just wondering.

good! Then all you need to do if you ever care to try them again is to kick up the heat to your liking.