Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oyster....and a redneck

Options
theyolksonyou
theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
edited February 2015 in Seafood
So I was headed to the store to pick up stuff for brisket chili for lunch tomorrow and the calls and says she wants "cold shrimp" for supper. No time to steam and chill so I'll pick up some cooked at the counter. While I'm there, I decide to grab a couple dozen oysters since I've never grilled any. Mind you 500 miles from the nearest salt water, I ain't eatin em raw!

I've never shucked an oyster in my life, but how hard can it be? Searched the store high and low, no oyster knife, I'll figure it out.

Came home, start the chili, on to the oysters. Google has replaced, or at least came close, dogs as mans best friend. "How to shuck an oyster". 3 min 39 sec later, I'm a frickin expert! Now about that knife....

Well, we rednecks are an innovative bunch. Butter knife, non starter. Time to head to the shop....

redneck oyster shuckin'

image Now on to the cook... Let the egg run north of 400

added the oysters. When they started looking right, topped with garlic butter reduction and a piece of shrimp. Let that rock on the topped with grated asiago. Deeeeelish....

imageimage

Comments