Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off Topic post on the Off Topic category - why I like OT posts

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
I mentioned on another thread this morning that I keep my setting on All so that I can see all threads started. I then decide whether I want to read the post and follow other comments it evokes. Actually I find most all OT posts whether coded that way or not reveal something interesting about a fellow egger. These insights are what create the element of cyber comradery here. There is little chance that I will ever meet in person more than a handful of eggers who post here. I know that over on Greeneggers.com that over a period of time great friendships and bonds have been formed albeit cyber relationships. I know someone might say that is what FaceBook and Tweet is all about, but I don't do either of those, but I do hang out at this watering hole and if I get to know people because of their OT posts that's a win win in my opinion!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I read all topics as well. On mobile I hit home in the upper corner and it loads all forums.
    Seattle, WA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,091
    Options
    I also enjoy them. That is why I prefer the forum on my phone. I get to see everything in one spot.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    99.9% on mobile so I see it all. Prefer it like that. If I don't want to see it I don't look. About the only thing that will peeve me is spammers.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

99.9% on mobile so I see it all. Prefer it like that. If I don't want to see it I don't look. About the only thing that will peeve me is spammers.

But spam threads are great entertainment as the forum mafia self-polices.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Acn true.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jerald
    Jerald Posts: 46
    Options
    I think the Cowboys are going to do it next year. 
    Bub - Flower Mound, Texas.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Acn said:

But spam threads are great entertainment as the forum mafia self-polices.
    Saw my first spammer manhandled last week. Almost felt sorry for the poor spammer, then I realized what it would become if justice were not handed down.

I prefer civilized and politie to the anarchy that would ensue. So I sat back and enjoyed the public flogging.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    When does baseball start up again?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    I like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Jimmy, do you like gladiator movies?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

When does baseball start up again?

does it ever end? The St Louis Cardinals Caravan was here like 2 weeks ago already hyping diehard fans. Our town is funny as we are geographically half way between Chicago and St Louis and the rivalry between Cubbies and Cardinal fans is humorous if not down right stupid!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    a gorilla once farted in my mouth.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    =)) =)) @Jeremiah @henapple @NDG

I'l like that ****, but no buttons... ~X( :-?? [-(
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    The cheetah is the fastest land animal. I'm the fastest with a bag of cheetos....except in Colorado.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Llamas sweat through their feet.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

I like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Best song ever about trying to cheat on your wife.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    NDG said:

a gorilla once farted in my mouth.

Can... not....unsee...that....mental.....image!

Damn you...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Don't stop now, you guys are doing pretty good. :-w

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Thomas Edison was afraid of the dark. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    henapple said:

The cheetah is the fastest land animal. I'm the fastest with a bag of cheetos....except in Colorado.

Can't wait for the new season!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Lamb fries & Rocky Mountain Oysters are mans way of emasculating his dinner.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Sorry about that, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I don't mind staring Mortality in the face; I just don't like the way it's looking at me.

I've been on enough forums over the years to note that, once folks start meeting face-to-face, the OT posts become much more meaningful.  I've flown to different locales about a dozen times for "get-togethers" for different forums (musicians, home theater enthusiasts, FZ6 motorcycle owners, etc) and it really enriches the forum time.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    I sure have leaned lots...
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Its 8:30 and I'm 11 o clock drunk
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Botch are you on AVS?
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Not sure I get it.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Lit said:

Its 8:30 and I'm 11 o clock drunk

Awesome! Now all we need is that new guy that was trolling you earlier. <:-P
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I once ate a footlong hotdogs on a nude beach. .. I'll never do that again
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site