Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats your BBQSU?

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
Every hobby has a spending unit.

Race cars have a $1000 spending unit.  Everything can be purchased in multiples of $1K

Archery is $100 spending unit.  Everything is in multiples of $100.

When I only used Webers my BBQSU was $10.

Now since the egg and this forum it seems my BBQSU has been upped significantly.  Between RO lump stockpile, eggcessories, new knives, cutting boards, Thermapens, etc.

Tonight I just pulled the trigger on a KO Worksharp knife sharpener.  Seriously, I could have bought 3 OTG's off craigslist for the KO.  Heck, my last OTG I spent 3 months surfing craigslist and dickered over $5 before I finally got one for the price I wanted.  I blame this on you guys and the Green Egg!  It highlights all the areas my tools are lacking!
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    This forum has atleast $100 spending unit and that's for the impulse buys. It just goes up from there.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    The most expensive free site on the intertubes
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    After acquiring the bge, I would say $100 SU is on point. Most things aren't terribly expensive, but add them all together and you have a big pile of money tired up!
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    The more you read the more you spend.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Tinyfish said:

The more you read the more you spend.

Yup. You guys cost more than a girlfriend ... thats coming from a guy who already has a wife.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    And independent of the toys, if you want to keep with the $100 SU on food just hang around Snake River Farms.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    No doubt the BGE is my equivalent of owning my Harley. You cant walk into either place without dropping a $100 every time. Or at least that what SWMBO says. Cool thing is she loves to ride and she loves good cooking, so I get a pass!LOL

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• JonWesson
    Options
    bump
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road