Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chiavetta's Chicken Thighs

Options
Wife bought some skinless boneless thighs so I figured it was the perfect time to try the jug of Chiavetta's BBQ Marinade picked up from my local butcher last visit.  I had never seen it before and am always looking for something new.  Followed the directions on the bottle and marinated the chicken for 30 mins. while getting the egg to settle at 400.  Basted each time I flipped which was a total of 3 times in the 25 minutes it took to reach IT of 165.  Placed in pyrex dish, basted one last time and covered with foil to steam for 10 more minutes.  Plated with New Years field peas pulled from freezer and cream corn.  Tasty!!  If you can get hold of Chiavetta's - by all means do.  It is an awesome vinegar/herb marinade that packs a lot of flavor.

imageimage

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
Peachtree Corners, GA

Comments

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Nice. Love me some chicken thighs
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Looks delish! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• zapped82
    Options
    Chiavettas is awesome! I grew up on that stuff... it comes from Buffalo NY and doesn't really get distributed much outside of that area. I usually pick some up every time I'm up there or have family bring it when they come visit... the company it originated from just does chicken bbq events every weekend during the summer. I would certainly recommend picking some up if you see it and like vinegar based marinades.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    zapped82 said:

Chiavettas is awesome! I grew up on that stuff... it comes from Buffalo NY and doesn't really get distributed much outside of that area. I usually pick some up every time I'm up there or have family bring it when they come visit... the company it originated from just does chicken bbq events every weekend during the summer. I would certainly recommend picking some up if you see it and like vinegar based marinades.

(LIKE)  

My local butcher carries it.  Grabbed it on a whim and boy am I glad I did.  Will definitely be back in for some more real soon.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Delicious!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Sounds great, I'll have to try it out next time I'm in Wegmans; they have a bunch of upstate stuff, even down here in MD.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD